Cocoa bombs are EVERYWHERE! If there’s anything to come out of the pandemic, I feel that TikTok recipes and cocoa bombs are at the top.
I thought about introducing this funfetti cocoa bomb recipe with phrases like “kid friendly” and “moms will love it!” While all that is true, I’m pretty sure adults love these bombs just as much as kids do!
There’s something to be said for the simple joy of colorful sprinkles, marshmallows, and chocolate melting all together in a warm mug of milk. I feel like it’s an experience that people of all ages should be able to enjoy!
I know hot cocoa is typically enjoyed most in the cold winter months, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t make these funfetti cocoa bombs all year round. They’re just so delicious and fun, why not make them all the time?
Something really cool to do is use these funfetti cocoa bombs as party gifts or gifts for the neighbors. I’ve handed these out to so many people, and believe me when I say, I always get a giddy reaction.
Everyone lets their inner child out when they see one of these sprinkle covered, unicorn inspired cocoa bombs!
Ingredients for funfetti hot cocoa bombs
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White vanilla melting wafers
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- Strawberry milk powder
- Mini marshmallows
- Half-sphere silicone mold (equipment)
If you’re making these for a specific holiday like the 4th of July or Christmas, you can change the sprinkle color to match the theme!
What else can I put inside of funfetti cocoa bombs?
If you can find rainbow marshmallows, those would be too cute in these cocoa bombs! You can also add more sprinkles or candy pieces like M&Ms to have even more multi-colored chocolate fun.
What kind of milk should I serve with them?
These easy funfetti cocoa bombs are tasty with all kinds of dairy milks and milk alternatives. In fact, they’re even good with plain old water! When I’m not just using warm whole milk, I like to toss one of these bombs in a warm mug of oat or almond milk.
How long will funfetti cocoa bombs stay fresh?
Good news – there’s no need to refrigerate these treats! They’ll stay fresh on the counter at room temp for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container or baggy, that way their texture stays perfect.
That’s another reason I love handing these out as gifts! You don’t have to worry about them going bad for so long, making them the perfect present.
Indulge your inner child with these other sweet treats:
Funfetti Hot Chocolate Cocoa Bombs
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white vanilla melting wafers
- 1 cup multi-colored sprinkles
- 6 tablespoons strawberry milk powder
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Half-sphere silicone mold
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring every time, until melted. This should take about 60-90 seconds. Once melted, spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into each half sphere mold and spread around evenly to coat the sides. Be sure you coat the top edges well as they will be fragile. Let set in the fridge or freezer until hardened, about 10 minutes. Once set, gently remove each half sphere from each mold. Try not to handle these too much as they will start to melt and fingerprints will become visible. At this point, you should have 12 half spheres.
- In a small bowl, melt the white vanilla melting wafers in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. This should take about 30-60 seconds. Once melted, spoon into a baggie or a piping bag.
- Prep 6 half spheres by laying them face down on a plate allowing a little space between each one. Snip a small corner of the baggie and drizzle melted wafers over the half spheres, one at a time. Sprinkle colored sprinkles over top of the white drizzle. Do not drizzle all of them before putting sprinkles on as the melting wafers will have hardened and the sprinkles will not stick. Do them one at a time for best results. Let set until hardened.
- In the other, plain half spheres, spoon 1 tablespoon of strawberry milk powder. Top with sprinkles and several mini marshmallows.
- Warm a small, flat, microwave safe plate in the microwave for 45 seconds. Place an empty, decorated half sphere onto the plate for a few seconds so that the edge melts and creates a sort of glue. Place directly on top of the corresponding, filled half sphere and match the edges. Continue with the other five spheres until all are completed and the cocoa bombs are assembled. Let set and enjoy!
- To make hot cocoa: simply place a cocoa bomb in the bottom of a mug and pour 6 oz of hot milk or water over top of it. Let melt then stir to emulsify. For added pizzazz, top with extra marshmallows and sprinkles and enjoy!