This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These days, it seems like sipping on a Spicy Peach Agua Fresca has become my new favorite summertime hobby. Each sip is filled with juicy sweet peach flavor and mouthwatering heat from a fresh serrano pepper. Try this unique summery drink today!
Spicy and sweet is a flavor combo that’s daring, but almost always delicious. Between jalapeño margaritas and Mexican chocolate, I though I’d already experienced the height of spicy and sweet flavors mixing together.
However, this spicy peach agua fresca has both of those treats beat! The natural sweetness of peaches and the heat of a fresh serrano pepper creates a truly unbelievable flavor experience.
This recipe is perfect for those of you who enjoy a little bit of sweetness, but don’t like to over-indulge your sweet tooth.
While both the peach juice and agave nectar keep things nice and sweet, the lime juice and serrano chile make sure every sip is well-rounded with complex flavors. I even toss a little but of flaky sea salt into the mix too, just to make this drink even more irresistible!
And yes, you can make this agua fresca boozy too, if you’d like.
If you’re turning this spicy sweet drink into a cocktail, I recommend using either unflavored tequila or rum, depending on what your preference is. To mix the alcohol with the other ingredients, simply follow the same recipe as it’s listed, but add a shot of your favorite liquor! It’s an incredibly easy way to enjoy a unique cocktail.
Ingredients for this spicy peach agua fresca
- Peaches – Three cups of freshly sliced peaches will provide a wonderful amount of flavor. Do NOT use frozen peaches – the flavor won’t be strong enough at all.
- Serrano chile – If you don’t want it to be too spicy, you can use a jalapeño instead.
- Lime – Use fresh lime juice, not the bottled juice at the grocery store.
- Agave nectar – This will add a wonderful element of natural sweetness that pairs perfectly with the peach juice.
- Sea salt – Just a pinch of flaky sea salt is all that’s needed to help enhance the other flavors even more.
Can spicy peach agua fresca be made ahead of time?
I actually recommend serving this drink as soon as you make it for the best results.
Since all of the ingredients are natural and preservative free, they don’t hold up very well in the refrigerator if they’re in there for too long.
Luckily, this drink takes under 5 minutes to whip up, so it’s perfect for parties when you don’t want to stop all the fun to prepare something!
More summery drinks to keep you cool!
Spicy Peach Agua Fresca
- 3 cups (462 g) fresh sliced peaches
- 1 serrano chile, optional
- 5 cups (1183 ml) water, divided
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup (59 ml) agave nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the peaches, serrano, and 1 cup of water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Fill with the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Serve over ice.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.