This is a sponsored post in partnership with Farmer Focus. All opinions are my own.
Grilled Pineapple BBQ Chicken Kabobs
Once warm weather hits, I’m yearning to cook on the grill almost every night. There is just something to be said about being outside making dinner, especially more than ever now.
Whenever I make anything on the grill, I like to prepare a marinade for my meats. It helps tenderize them but it all helps with the flavor profile. I like to consider high heat when making my sauces because I love the caramelization that sugary sauces have when thrown onto the grill and the meat gets all nice and lightly charred.
This recipe for grilled pineapple bbq chicken kabobs will get you right in the summer mood! You can even pretend you’re in Hawaii or some tropical island because the BBQ sauce that is slathered on these pineapple bbq chicken kabobs is outstanding and very reminiscent of being in paradise!
Don’t miss the video below! It truly shows how easy it all is to put together!
These chicken kabobs could not be easier to make. The bbq sauce is minimally doctored up from store-bought sauce, and everything else is skewered and thrown on the grill!
The bbq sauce doubles as a quick and flavorful marinade and dipping sauce!
Why Farmer Focus?
As you all have seen on the blog, I have worked with Farmer Focus for nearly two and half years now and they are my go to when it comes to organic, high-quality chicken.
With their sustainable approach that puts farmer’s first by allowing them to 100% own their birds, they are able to bring consumers a better product. This is because farmers are treated with integrity and with a partner relationship therefore happy farmers = happy and healthy chickens = high-quality product for the consumer.
Tips for grilled pineapple BBQ chicken kabobs
- If you’re going to be using wooden skewers, give them a good 10 minute soak in water (I put them on a rimmed baking sheet and cover with water) prior to skewering the chicken and vegetables on. It helps them not burn on the grill!
- Put everything on the skewer close together so they cook evenly.
- Plan out the timing of this because it does require at least two hours of marinating.
- This can be made on the outdoor grill or indoor grill/skillet!
Other recipes using Farmer Focus chicken
Video for grilled pineapple bbq chicken kabobs
Grilled Pineapple BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- 1.5 pounds Farmer Focus boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces
- 6 ounces store-bought BBQ sauce
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium pineapple, cored and cut into 1” pieces
- Canola oil for grilling
- Whisk together BBQ sauce and pineapple juice in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a sealable plastic bag or other container and pour half the BBQ mixture on top and reserve the other half for later. Toss to coat and let marinate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Thread the marinated chicken, peppers, red onion and pineapple onto skewers repeating until each skewer is filled.
- Preheat an outdoor grill over high heat.
- Once hot, lightly brush each skewer with canola oil and place on the grill.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes per side until grill marks appear and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from grill and brush with the reserved BBQ sauce mixture.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.