If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw a couple weeks ago that I was on a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise with Princess Cruises aboard their new Regal Princess ship! Oh man, I cannot wait to share more of that trip with you including the gorgeous ship and all the islands we stopped in! I also picked up a few tips and tricks on cruising that I’m definitely going to have to share with you guys. It seriously made a huge difference in such a confined space!
This guava mojito was inspired from my cruise. When we stopped in St. Maarten, we headed over to Maho Beach (aka Airplane Beach) to watch airplanes land literally right above your head. There was a little bar right on the beach and we headed over there for some drinks before getting into a cab to head to Orient Bay (the French side of the island). They had a drink on the chalkboard called a guava-rita. It was stroooong but tasty! You know my love for mojitos so instead of recreating a guava-rita, I created a guava-jito! Guava is my favorite fruit next to grapefruit. It’s so hard to come by in the States; well, no, I take that back, I can find it but it isn’t nearly as delicious as the ones I eat daily in Taiwan. Anyway, any time I see guava or grapefruit on the cocktail menu, I’m immediately sold! Such a delicious flavor.
A great cocktail to drink for whenever you're lusting for the beach and white sand! Welcome to paradise!
- Handful of mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1: 9.6 ounce can of guava nectar
- 2 ounces white rum, more if desired
- Splash of sparkling water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together mint, sugar, and lime.
- Add the guava nectar, rum, and some ice to the shaker. Shake the shaker to mix everything up.
- Evenly divide liquid amongst two glasses and add a splash of sparkling water on top