Can we say hooray for another pressure cooker recipe?! This Instant Pot beef and broccoli is a take on my slow cooker beef and broccoli.
I love that recipe so much but some days I just don’t want to wait for it to cook all day long so the pressure cooker/Instant Pot is my best friend and makes this Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe possible!
In as little as 35 minutes. Yessss!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe
I love cooking meat in the Instant Pot. If you cook them the right amount of time, they always come out so tender and falling apart.
However, if you cook them too long or short, they can come out chewy and tough or disintegrate.
I’ve played with the Instant Pot enough to know the right amount of time for most cuts of meat.
For cubed chuck roast, like what we are using for this recipe, you don’t need much time at all because it’s already in small pieces.
For larger roasts that you don’t break down, you will obviously need longer.
Why shouldn’t I add the broccoli in at the same time?
I blanched the broccoli separately because if you cook the broccoli in the Instant Pot, you will have disintegrated broccoli.
Like literally just the little green dots of the floret, LOL…it’s terrible. Don’t do that!
What if I don’t have cornstarch?
You can use arrowroot powder!
If you love pressure cooking, you will love this recipe! It’s bringing in the takeout except it’s not takeout at all!
Or, if you’re in the market for a pressure cooker or an all-in-one machine, my comprehensive review on the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi is a post you don’t want to miss!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cubed into 2" cubes
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Add the cubed beef to the insert of a 6-quart pressure cooker (Instant Pot).
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic.
- Pour over the beef then close the lid and make sure the vent is turned to sealing.
- Press manual on the front of the Instant Pot then adjust the time to 24 minutes. Make sure it is on high pressure, as well.
- While the beef is cooking, blanch your broccoli and make your cornstarch slurry by mixing together cornstarch and water and making sure the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Once the beef is done cooking, let the pressure naturally release for 20 minutes then manually release the pressure by flipping the vent to venting.
- Open the lid and press the sauté button on the front of the Instant Pot. Once the liquid starts to bubble, add the cornstarch slurry and the broccoli. The heat should thicken the sauce right up. If it doesn't, do another round of cornstarch slurry.
- Give everything a good mix to make sure it is covered in sauce then serve over white rice.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.