This is a sponsored post in partnership with Spectrum® Culinary Oils. All opinions are my own.
It has become clear to me that you all LOVE quick and easy weeknight meals.
A couple weeks ago when I made easy three-ingredient chicken nuggets, you guys were ALL over it and immediately wanted to make it.
This quick spicy sesame ramen is JUST as easy and quick so I have a feeling you’ll be all over this too.
I made this with Spectrum® Organic Cold Infused Garlic and Chili Sesame Oil this time around because FLAVOR!
I love that it is already pre-infused for you so all you have to do is get in the kitchen and start cooking.
They truly are like a partner in the kitchen because they take out all the hard work for you and you can just focus on being creative in the kitchen.
As I mentioned in my easy rosemary olive oil skillet flatbread recipe, there is a contest happening right now where you can win a trip to Barcelona, Spain! More details are at the bottom of this post.
Why did you choose Spectrum® Organic Cold Infused Garlic and Chili Sesame Oil this time?
Well, like I mentioned above, I loved the flavor combination. Garlic and chili is the perfect combination and sesame oil is something that isn’t thought about often to use in recipes so I wanted to showcase it.
The garlic and chili sesame oil is cold infused with organic garlic and organic chili pepper so tossing the ramen noodles in this oil coats all the strands and gives you big flavor!
If you’re anything like me, you appreciate wholesome ingredients and superior quality, so choosing to use a Spectrum® culinary oil was a no-brainer for me.
What ingredients will I need for this quick spicy sesame ramen?
The easiest and shortest ingredient list as follows:
- New Spectrum® Organic Garlic & Chili Sesame Oil
- Ramen noodles
Fresh or packaged ramen noodles?
If you are lucky enough to get fresh ramen noodles around you, I would recommend using that because nothing beats fresh. You can taste the difference.
The texture is different.
However, if you can’t find fresh, that’s okay too. You can get the classic packaged one (you know, the ones you ate in college) but just toss the seasoning packet because you won’t need it!
The garlic and chili sesame oil will do the job of dialing up the flavor and heat for you!
What if you’re allergic to sesame oil?
No worries! The beauty of the Spectrum® brand line of natural and organic culinary oils and vinegars is that they have more than 30 varieties of seed, nut and plant oils that are good for any type of cooking, including coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, sesame oil and more.
You could easily substitute their New Spectrum® Organic Cayenne Pepper Olive Oil for the sesame oil! Just as spicy and delicious!
SPECTRUM® TASTE OF BARCELONA CONTEST
Spectrum® products are sourced from the highest quality ingredients with care and know-how. The brand’s olives are taste-tested and specially selected before being made into their full-flavored line of oils and sprays.
Their products help support a better-for-you lifestyle that is full of flavor and gives you the opportunity to express yourself in the kitchen!
Here is your chance to take that culinary experience out of the kitchen and explore the amazing Catalan cuisine that Barcelona, Spain has.
- Contest began at 9:00 AM ET 9/1/18 and ends 11:59 PM ET 12/15/18.
- To enter log into your Instagram or Facebook account and follow Spectrum® and upload a photo or video with the hashtag #TasteofBarcelonaContest and a brief statement as to why you selected this oil.
- WIN THIS: 2 Grand Prizes: 8 day/ 7 night trip to Barcelona, Spain for winner and 1 guest during May, 2019.
- Trip includes coach class airfare 6 nights hotel accommodations, ground transportation in Spain, activities, breakfast daily, four lunches and four dinners and US $400 spending money.
- Complete rules available at facebook.com/spectrumorganics/
If you love ramen, you’ll love these other ramen recipes!
- Coconut curry ramen
- General tso’s chicken ramen
- Chilled spicy pork ramen
- Asian ramen salad
- Soy sauce noodles
Quick Spicy Sesame Ramen
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 8 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons Spectrum® Organic Cold Infused Garlic and Chili Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- Salt, to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced scallions
- Soft boiled eggs
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook ramen noodles according to package directions.
- In the meantime, in a wok or similar skillet, heat up sesame oil with the sambal oelek until it is sizzling. Then remove from heat.
- Once noodles are done cooking, drain and place them directly into the skillet with the sesame oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt.
- Divide into bowls and serve with your favorite toppings!