This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Meatloaf is classic comfort food that’s equal parts simple and delicious! The pressure cooker does most of the work for you with this easy as can be recipe. You’ll love how tender, moist, and incredibly flavorful this no-fuss meatloaf always turns out!
Is there anything more comforting than a meatloaf? Meatloaf is one of those classic recipes that majority of us have grown up on and you either have fond memories of it or you hate it and never want to have it again.
Trust me when I say this Instant Pot meatloaf recipe is unlike any other meatloaf. It is tender, moist, and so incredibly easy to make. Forget your mom or grandma’s meatloaf, this Instant Pot version is the one you need!
Why You’ll Love This
- Incredibly easy to make. Oh yes! Like any good Instant Pot recipe, this meatloaf comes together pretty perfectly with minimal effort required on your end.
- No frills to be found here. This recipe yields classic meatloaf that we all know and love. You’ll find no unnecessary ingredients or trendy frills with this dinnertime staple!
- Picky-eater approved! Need a certain someone at your kitchen table to eat their dinner? Sneak some protein onto their plate when you make this classic meatloaf with the best ketchup-based glaze.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make classic meatloaf in the Instant Pot. Make sure to scroll down to view the full recipe for exact measurements.
- Ground beef
- Plain breadcrumbs
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper
Here’s what you’ll need for the glaze:
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
How To Make Instant Pot Meatloaf
Here’s how to make the best meatloaf in the Instant Pot. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the full recipe.
Make the meatloaf mixture. Combine the ground beef, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, milk, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper, and ketchup together in a bowl.
Form a loaf. Using your hands, shape the meat mixture into a round loaf. Place it on a piece of foil and form a makeshift loaf pan around the meat by crimping the edges of the foil.
Pressure cook the meatloaf. Place the trivet in the Instant Pot. Make sure the handles are pointed up to make the loaf easier to remove. Place ½ cup of water into the pressure cooker, then put the meatloaf onto the trivet. Lock the lid into place. Pressure cook on high power for 40 minutes. Use the quick release when the cooking time is over.
Make the glaze. You can do this step while the pressure is releasing. Whisk together the three ingredients in a small mixing bowl until combined.
Broil until bubbly. Remove the meatloaf from the pressure cooker and drain it of any excess grease. Place it on a baking sheet and glaze it. Broil for about 5-7 minutes until the glaze is bubbly. Don’t let it burn!
Substitutions and Variations
Make this meatloaf best suited for your tastes with these simple substitutions:
- Make it gluten-free. Swap the plain bread crumbs for a gluten-free option instead. All of the other ingredients should be naturally gluten-free, but you should always double check your labels just to be sure!
- Omit the salt. If you’d like to make this recipe better suited for a low-sodium diet, you can always omit the salt entirely. Also, check your local grocery store for ketchup that has no added salt.
- Use a different type of meat. While ground beef is my personal favorite to use in this classic recipe, you can always opt for something like this classic meatloaf recipe that uses a combination of pork, veal, and beef.
Tips for Success
Make your Instant Pot Meatloaf the BEST it can be with these easy tips for success:
- Don’t over-mix. When you’re combining the meat mixture at the very beginning of this recipe, be careful to not over-mix the ingredients. Doing so will create a tough loaf! Instead, combine everything by hand in a large bowl until it’s just combined enough that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Read through the instructions with care. When cooking with an Instant Pot, it’s important to not take any liberties with the step-by-step instructions. You want to make sure your pressure cooker is set to the right power and that you release the pressure as is instructed for the best results.
- Keep an eye on your meatloaf while broiling. As I’m sure you already know, it’s VERY easy to burn just about anything when you broil it! Avoid a burned glaze by keeping a watchful eye on your meatloaf as it broils.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Once the meatloaf cools to room temperature, you can store any leftovers you may have in an airtight container in the fridge. Properly stored, it’ll stay fresh for about 3-4 days. It reheats very well in the microwave – reheat it for 30 seconds at a time until it’s warmed all the way through.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Meatloaf
Need some side dishes to plate next to your pressure cooked entree? I’ve got you covered!
Keep things deliciously all-American when you serve your meatloaf with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. You can also add some veggies to your plate to really round out your meal! Air Fryer Smashed Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli Salad are two of my favorite veggie sides to serve with meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Instant Pot Meatloaf
- 2 pounds 85/15 ground beef, or meatloaf mix
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup ketchup
For the glaze:
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, using your hands or a spoon, gently mix ground beef, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, milk, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper, and ketchup. Do not overmix or it will create a tough loaf!
- Shape this mixture into a round loaf. Place it on a large piece of tin foil. Create a loaf pan around the loaf by crimping the edges of the foil around the meatloaf. It should be about the size of the instant pot trivet.
- Put the trivet into the Instant Pot. Make sure the handles are pointed up to make the loaf easier to remove later. Place ½ cup of water into the instant pot, then put the meatloaf onto the trivet. Lock the lid into place. Pressure cook on high power for 40 minutes. When cooking time is over, you may use the quick release.
- While the pressure is releasing, make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove the meatloaf from the Instant Pot. Drain any excess grease. Place it on a baking sheet and spread the glaze all over it. (If there is extra glaze, save it for later.) Broil the meatloaf for 5-7 minutes, or until the glaze is bubbly.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.