This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You know how some days your evenings just don’t go the way you envision them to? Take Tuesday night, for example.
We had a friend over briefly to drop off a parking pass for me for work and within the first 10 minutes of him being there, Winston decided he needed to go use the bathroom outside. That’s fine, normal. We let him outside and then Jason comes yelling telling me to not let Winston inside the house.
Table of Contents
I was really confused as to why until he told me to look at Winston. Winston had like black stuff all around the white part of his neck and he had a smitten face. Oh, no biggie, he just rolled in a giant pile of deer poop. LOVELY.
So we had to quickly have our guest leave because we had bathe our silly dog. Good grief! He had just gotten a bath on Saturday, too!
Okay, so I think lemongrass is a very underrated herb that not a lot of people choose to use in their dishes. People mostly think lemongrass = Thai and while that is generally the case, I added lemongrass to these pork burgers and it was so good! It was bright and unique. I think you will love it just as much as we did!
Pork AND lemongrass are underrated ingredients for burgers so I think it’s basically a brilliant combination.
The spicy mayo on top with the tangy coleslaw mix was the perfect addition. And I always always say use brioche buns but when I went to the grocery store for my usual brioche buns; they were out!! Omg, the worst. I had to use regular hamburger buns and while they were still fine and the burger still tasted amazing…brioche would’ve made it awesome. So go brioche or don’t make this until you can get your hands on some, haha
I know summer is almost over which usually means grilling season is over but don’t forget that Labor Day is around the corner and you can always these make these indoor throughout the year :)
Lemongrass Pork Burgers
- 1 pound (454 g) ground pork
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon gochujang sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Brioche buns
For the slaw (optional)
- 1 cup (70 g) coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- Drizzle of honey
For the spicy mayo
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Preheat outdoor grill to high.
- In a large bowl, combine ground pork, lemongrass paste, gochujang sauce, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt, pepper, and mint. Form into four even patties and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together coleslaw, rice vinegar, whole grain dijon mustard, and honey. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo and sriracha and set aside.
- Place burgers onto grill and cook thoroughly.
- To assemble burgers: toast brioche then spread spicy mayo on bottom and top of bun. Place burger patty on one side of the bun then top with the slaw mixture.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.