When we were in grade school, I was always that kid that had tuna fish sandwiches for lunch.
On one hand, I was so excited for them because I actually love tuna fish sandwiches but on the other hand, I was always slightly embarrassed to open my lunchbox because that tuna fish smell just wafted through the air and I became “that kid.”
However, tuna fish sandwiches are such staples in childhood that I feel that is far more acceptable than having it in a workplace.
But, I will say that this Mediterranean tuna white bean salad is so full of flavor and delicious ingredients that it may be worth the side-eyes you get at work for bringing this to lunch.
If you don’t bring this into work, you can at least relish in the fact that you get this giant bowl to eat at home and I will say that the leftovers of this Mediterranean tuna white bean salad is even better!
I love canned tuna in olive oil and the large chunks. Large chunks of real tuna is so flavorful.
I only had to use two cans for this salad and it was plenty! I was able to get tuna in every single bite.
Using tuna in salads is a great alternative to the standard protein options that you think of.
One can (in the brand I used) has 26 grams of protein! Hello, to staying fuller longer!
Not only that, tuna is full of vitamins and minerals.
Truly a healthy and flavorful lunch option!
Look at all those little pockets of ingredient goodness.
I seriously devoured this bowl and I discovered that if you pile it mile high on top of some fresh crusty bread from your local bakery; it’s even more satisfying!
Mediterranean Tuna White Bean Salad
- 1: 5 ounce Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, (no need to drain, see notes)
- 1: 5 ounce Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, (no need to drain, see notes)
- 1: 15.5 ounce can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed well
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ½ cup julienned sundried tomatoes
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients above. Gently until everything is mixed well.
- Serve room temperature, or if desired, you may chill this in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve chilled.
- Serve on top of bread or eat as is!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.