Pretty sure you’re going to want to whip out all the ingredients for this grilled rosemary chicken salad and get it on the table ASAP.
This post is sponsored by Shenandoah Valley Organic. All opinions are my own.
In its simplest form, this is basically my version of a cobb salad but with all the complex flavors and textures, I’d like to say that this is my ultimate favorite summer salad and it’ll probably be yours, too! Especially topped with a creamy avocado yogurt green goddess dressing! Hello, lover!!
And I’m even more excited about this recipe because it’s topped with the freshest chicken from Shenandoah Valley Organic. I’m truly excited to talk to you guys about this partnership I have going on with them over the course of the year.
You should be super excited about this because for one, this is a local chicken company near and dear to me (they’re located in Harrisonburg, VA and I spent four grand years there at James Madison University) and I love everything they stand for as a company. Like, you literally cannot get a better company and even better organic chicken. And secondly, this partnership means more chicken recipes for you! Can we say…winner winner, chicken dinner?! Hahaha omg, I’ve always wanted to use that.
Okay so let’s talk about Shenandoah Valley Organic (SVO) and their core mission. SVO prides themselves on the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. Chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics.
At the core of SVO’s business model is a sustainable farmer contract model, which treats farmers as partners. They have the farmers owning the chickens and then their co-op arrangement lets them negotiate the best prices on chicks and feed which in turn makes it possible for the company to keep their prices lower than other commercial organic chicken producer. What does that mean for you? Lower prices on organic chicken that are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. If this is something you care about (and I know many these days do), you need to get your mitts on this chicken!
One of SVO’s brands is the Farmer Focus. I LOVE the idea of this because on every one of the Farmer Focus packages, you’ll see a farm ID. You can head on over to their website, type in that farm ID and it will tell you EXACTLY where your chicken came from and a brief history about the farm and family that the chickens were raised with. Try it out yourself by typing COFF into the form field here!
Pretty sure you need to go pre-heat that grill of yours now!!
Grilled Rosemary Chicken Salad
- Olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts from Shenandoah Valley Organic, about 1 pound
- Chopped romaine leaves
For the salad toppings
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Soft boiled eggs
- Avocado slices
- Avocado green goddess yogurt dressing
- Heat grill on high. While the grill is heating up, drizzle olive oil on chicken breasts then evenly sprinkle finely chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper on chicken.
- Grill chicken on grill until thoroughly cooked through then place onto a plate or cutting board to let cool for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, evenly divide up romaine leaves then top with tomatoes, bacon, soft boiled eggs, and avocado slices.
- Slice up the chicken and evenly divide amongst salads then drizzle salad with your favorite dressing or this creamy avocado green goddess yogurt dressing.