If you ask me, the best part about watching the Super Bowl is totally the game itself!
Just kidding. It’s the game day snacks, obviously! And these mini buffalo chicken crunchwraps are going to be the star of the show in my house this Sunday.
I love making these delicious mini buffalo chicken crunchwraps for just about every occasion.
Football games, pool parties, potlucks, you name it! There really isn’t a party that isn’t made better with the presence of these insanely good handheld snacks! You can even make the original crunchwrap version if you want the beefy cheesy version.
So next time you want a fun appetizer, pass up on making the same old wings or chips and dip.
Instead, make these flavor packed chicken crunchwraps that’ll have everyone asking for the recipe!
And yes – they’re even better than Taco Bell.
Ingredients for mini buffalo chicken crunchwraps
- Chicken breasts
- Buffalo sauce
- Celery stalk
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Canola oil
- Corn tortillas
- Flour tortillas
- Blue cheese dressing
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Finely shredded romaine
The buffalo sauce adds the perfect kick of heat and flavor to these mini crunchwraps. However, if you want really want to heat things up, a dash of cayenne or hot sauce would be a perfect spicy addition.
Can I add anything else to this mini buffalo chicken crunchwrap recipe?
Besides adding cayenne or hot sauce for extra spice, there are several other ways to personalize these bad boys.
Shredded cheddar cheese is a great addition, as is ranch dressing on the side.
How long will they stay fresh?
If you’re serving these at a party and you want them to stay fresh, no biggie! They’ll stay fresh for at least 2 hours before beginning to get stale.
If you want to reheat them, you can either toss them on the stove over medium high heat on each side for a few minutes, or just pop them in the microwave. However, once microwaved, they might lose their crispiness.
Can I bake them instead?
While there are plenty of baked crunchwrap recipes, believe me when I say that pan frying is the way to go.
The mini crunchwraps get the perfect amount of crunch on the outside and gooey on the inside when you pan fry them! I’ve discovered that when baking them, they tend to get pretty dried out.
Need more game day snack ideas? Here are some good ones:
Mini Buffalo Chicken Crunchwraps
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 celery stalk, small diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 6: 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded romaine
- Boil the chicken until fully cooked. Then, shred the chicken. Add it to a large bowl and pour in buffalo sauce, diced celery, and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Using a 3” biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut a circle in the corn tortilla. (Save the scraps to make tortilla chips!) Add the corn tortilla circles to the oil and cook for 1 minute to harden. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.*To determine the correct temp of the oil, place the end of a wooden spoon into the oil, if it slightly bubbles it is ready. If it doesn't bubble the oil isn't hot enough and will make the tortilla greasy and soggy, turn up the heat and try again. If it overly bubbles turn down the heat and try again. The oil has a sweet spot you do not want to have it too hot or too cold*
- Microwave the flour tortillas for 15 seconds. This is to make them slightly more pliable so they bend easy rather than break for the next steps
- Heat a pan over medium high heat.
- In the center of a flour tortilla, spread a tbsp of bleu cheese dressing. Next, add a pinch of romaine lettuce and bleu cheese crumbles. Then, top with a corn tortilla. Add a scoop of the buffalo chicken atop the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla shell over the center of the crunchwrap. Continue with each side.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan. Add crunchwraps to the pan seam side down first to seal, and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until tortillas start to brown. *Depending on the pan you may need to do multiple batches. I recommend putting the completed crunchwraps in the oven and set it to “keep warm” if necessary.
- Serve warm with bleu cheese dip and enjoy!