This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
One-Pan Sausage and Vegetables is the ultimate easy, inexpensive, and hassle-free dinner. This is an insanely good one-pan recipe for tonight!
Is there really anything better than having your entire dinner made in just one pan? This is an easy to make recipe with even easier cleanup…which makes it the ultimate weeknight dinner!
I love how perfectly well rounded this simple dinner is. It’s got protein, carbs, and veggies all in one dish. Who doesn’t love a dinner that has it all? After a long day, it can be SO tempting to order a pizza or get takeout. (Trust me, no shame – we’ve all been there!)
But next time you need a quick dinner with no hassle that’s actually delicious, this one-pan Italian sausage and vegetable will be your new BFF. It’s made with plenty of flavorful seasonings that will have your mouth watering in no time. Plus, it’s obviously got Italian sausage – that ingredient alone is enough to have me craving this one-pan recipe for dinner.
What You’ll Need:
- Italian sausage links – you can use whatever flavor sausage you like, I was in an Italian-flavored mood!
- Olive oil
- Baby potatoes – you can either slice them into wedges or halve them, depending on how small/large your potatoes are. I like yellow butter potatoes for this but any variety works.
- Green beans
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
As you can see, all of the ingredients in this one-pan easy dinner recipe are fresh, making me love it even more! If you’re looking for a dinner that covers all the bases and can enjoy leftovers of…this is it!
What kind of sausage should I use?
As long as it’s uncooked sausage, any kind will do! Plenty of grocery stores are starting to carry chicken Italian sausages, as well as vegetarian options too. While I like plain old pork sausage, you can absolutely change this recipe to fit your dietary needs!
Can I make it spicy?
There’s always room for a little heat! If you want to add some spice to this dinner, I recommend sprinkling some red pepper flakes in with the other seasonings. Just be careful, as red pepper flakes can spice things up pretty quickly. A few teaspoons of cayenne pepper will also do the trick, if you really want to break a sweat!
How to make One-Pan Sausage and Vegetables
Let’s go over step-by-step how you’ll make your one-pan sausage and vegetable dinner! For detailed instructions, scroll to the recipe card below.
- Cook the sausage. Add the sausage link and 1 1/2 cup water. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through.
- Cook the potatoes. Sauté the potatoes until cooked through and tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Bring it all together! Toss in the remaining oil and seasonings, green beans, onions and cherry tomatoes to the hot skillet and saute for 5-7 minutes. Push to one side of the pan and return the potatoes and sausages to warm through. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
How long will it stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, your leftovers will stay delicious for up to 4 days. While you can absolutely reheat your leftovers in the microwave, and they’ll still be good, I recommend using the oven. When reheated in the oven, the food (especially the potatoes) will maintain their texture.
More recipes with Italian sausage that you have to try:
Habanero Kale Sausage Skillet Pizza
Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup
Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche
One-Pan Sausage and Vegetables
- 4 mild Italian sausage links, uncooked
- 1 ½ cup water plus 3 tablespoons water, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cups large baby potatoes, skin on and sliced into wedges
- 1 cup fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the sausage link and 1 1/2 cup water. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through. Discard any remaining water and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the sausages. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the skins are slightly browned. Set aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan along with the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Sauté the potatoes until cooked through and tender, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside with the sausages.
- Toss in the remaining oil and seasonings, green beans, onions and cherry tomatoes to the hot skillet and saute for 5-7 minutes. Pour in the 3 tablespoons of water and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until the liquid evaporates. Push to one side of the pan and return the potatoes and sausages to warm through. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.