This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Note: This post first appeared on February 29, 2012. The photography got a facelift! Enjoy!
Oreo’s. The chocolate sandwich cookie that I find absolutely irresistible. I am a fan of cookies and creme everything especially in the form of ice cream and milkshakes.
The big question is: regular or double-stuffed?
Double-stuffed all the way. Whenever I have regular Oreo’s, I’m constantly wondering where the filling went because I’m so used to the double-stuffed, haha
If you love cheesecake and Oreo’s and the whole cookies and creme flavor then you will love these Oreo cheesecake bars! It’s full of Oreo goodness. Oreo crust on the bottom and crumbled up Oreo’s throughout the entire cheesecake! You won’t be able to resist this. It’s a little too dangerous to keep in the house!
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
For the crust:
- 23 Oreo cookies, the whole cookie - icing and all!
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 12 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon sour cream, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 12 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped (the whole cookie - icing and all!)
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F and line a 8x8 inch baking dish with foil. Let two sides of the foil overhang on the baking dish (so it's easier to pull out the cheesecake).
- To make the crust, in a food processor, pulse the Oreos until they're finely ground. Add in the melted butter and pulse until the cookies are moistened.
- Transfer the ground Oreos to the prepared baking pan and press the crumbs in an even layer over the bottom of the pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes then set aside while keeping the oven on.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium high until light and smooth, about 2 minutes. Then mix in the sugar until well-combined.
- Blend in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Then beat in the egg and egg yolk until well-incorporated.
- Gently stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour cheesecake batter over the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cheesecake is set around the edges but slightly wobbly in the center.
- Let cheesecake cool to room temperature, about 1 hour then cover the pan and refrigerate until well chilled, about 3 hours. I chilled mine overnight.
- To cut the bars, lift the overhanging foil from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Peel away the foil and slice into bars. Clean the knife blade after each slice to keep the edges pretty.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. You may keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, if it lasts that long!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Wednesday 11th of May 2022
Could you double this recipe and just bake longer? I need it to serve a large group!
Friday 13th of May 2022
Thursday 17th of September 2020
Hi. How many cups does the 23 cookies translate to? I have a pack of crushed oreos
Wednesday 23rd of September 2020
i honestly have no idea. i would say maybe 2-3 cups?
Tuesday 26th of May 2020
This is my go-to recipe for a quick and easy cheesecake dish! It is always a hit, and requires basic ingredients. Have not ever bothered trying any other recipe! Thank you!!
Tuesday 21st of April 2020
I made these and they are just dangerous. Have you tried freezing them?
Thursday 23rd of April 2020
i have not, sorry!
Thursday 18th of April 2019
I bake pretty often for friends, family, and coworkers, and this is easily one of my most loved and most requested desserts. Everyone always raves about them.