Note: This post first appeared on February 29, 2012. The photography got a facelift! Enjoy!
The big question is: regular or double-stuffed?
Double-stuffed all the way. Whenever I have regular Oreo’s, I’m constantly wondering where the filling went because I’m so used to the double-stuffed, haha
If you love cheesecake and Oreo’s and the whole cookies and creme flavor then you will love these Oreo cheesecake bars! It’s full of Oreo goodness. Oreo crust on the bottom and crumbled up Oreo’s throughout the entire cheesecake! You won’t be able to resist this. It’s a little too dangerous to keep in the house!
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
For the crust:
- 23 Oreo cookies, the whole cookie - icing and all!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp sour cream, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 12 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped (the whole cookie - icing and all!)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a 8x8 inch baking dish with foil. Let two sides of the foil overhang on the baking dish (so it's easier to pull out the cheesecake).
- To make the crust, in a food processor, pulse the Oreos until they're finely ground. Add in the melted butter and pulse until the cookies are moistened.
- Transfer the ground Oreos to the prepared baking pan and press the crumbs in an even layer over the bottom of the pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes then set aside while keeping the oven on.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium high until light and smooth, about 2 minutes. Then mix in the sugar until well-combined.
- Blend in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Then beat in the egg and egg yolk until well-incorporated.
- Gently stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour cheesecake batter over the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cheesecake is set around the edges but slightly wobbly in the center.
- Let cheesecake cool to room temperature, about 1 hour then cover the pan and refrigerate until well chilled, about 3 hours. I chilled mine overnight.
- To cut the bars, lift the overhanging foil from the pan and place it on a cutting board. Peel away the foil and slice into bars. Clean the knife blade after each slice to keep the edges pretty.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. You may keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, if it lasts that long!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.