Cookies & Creme Milkshake
Indulge in this cookies & creme milkshake and you won’t be sorry!
1. Apparently at Table for Two this week, it’s cookies and creme week. I don’t have any objections to this and you shouldn’t either.
2. Cars are fun. New cars are awesome for the fact that there’s usually nothing wrong with them. My car was new 60,000 miles and 5 1/2 years ago. I’m now unwillingly forking out $600+ to fix it this weekend. Who knew an engine mount would just suddenly “wear off.” I mean, shouldn’t that be something that you make to last? I mean, after all, it is holding up an engine. I get the wear and tear thing, but I feel like something as big as an engine mount should last the lifetime of a car. I called the dealership cause I want genuine parts and not some shady off the street parts at a private mechanic and it’s almost $400 for the part. FOUR HUNDRED! That’s without labor. So I guess it’ll likely be more than $600 this weekend. Good things there’s such thing as a savings account but man, what a bummer.
3. Okay, Taylor Swift. As much as I want to not like her songs, they are just so damn catchy. Have you heard her latest one? I was heading to work from a doctor’s appointment (which my doctor & work are 1 hour apart, crazy) and I guess she had just released it Tuesday or something cause the radio BLEW UP with this single. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” catchy as woah. It was on every station that I turned to. At first I was like, “eh, this is so stupid, it’s another break up song about another guy (which I heard it’s about Jake Gyllenhaal), duuuuumb, pshhhh” and then the more they drilled the song into my brain, I was SINGING ALONG and being all like “wooo-weeee! never ever ever!!!” <—if you heard the song, you’ll know what I’m talking about, haha
4. We’re moving at work. We were scheduled to move in MAY. Just a tad behind. Finally got notice this week that our entire division is moving from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor. Sweet. Checked out my new office and I have TWO windows, baby! And even better is that I look out onto NY Ave. so I can stalk tourists. Just kidding. I can now stare at the Washington Monument, the glorious sunny sky (although, it would’ve been better if we moved early summer so I would’ve been able to catch more of that light), and not do any work. KIDDING! Having a window is so glorious. It’s ridiculous how giddy I am about the move. I’m in my new office on Monday and it’s stupid silly but I’m EXCITED to go to work on Monday. HAHA wtf is wrong with me.
5. Clearly too much sugar from this cookies & creme milkshake.
6. Shelly, bless her heart, she prayed to the shoe gods and my wedges are arriving TODAY! Be prepared for IG to blow up.
7. Speaking of IG – do you like the new interface? How about the mapping? I love it. You have the choice to map it or not, but it’s cool to look back on where you took the pictures. I checked out mine and you could totally see the road trip down the East coast cause of the mapping. I think my new favorite thing is how the profile looks now AND also, if you haven’t figured it out now, if you tap on “comment” on your photo and want to reply to someone, just tap their comment and it’ll have a little slide out thing on the left & give you an option to reply and it’ll type in their username for you. Score!
7a. AND the new Pinterest iPad app is just PHENOM. Finally. An addiction I can now bring to my bed. That sounded really wrong. I’m sorry.
8. Is it cookies and CREME or cookies and CREAM? I always do “creme” but I also know it’s “cream,” but then again it’s like donut and doughnut and gray and grey.
9. This cookies and creme milkshake is too good for words. It’s CFA cookies & creme milkshake good. It’s definitely probably healthier than theirs and that’s kind of gross cause theirs is something like 700 calories, and mine is probably 500ish (still horrible) but whatever calories I save counts, yes? Just don’t drink BOTH servings of this and you should be fine.
10. Indulging is okay. Why? Because it’s FRIDAY! And because I said so.
A deliciously indulgent dessert drink!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4-5 Oreo's
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender, throw all your ingredients in and mix it up!
- If you like it thicker, use less milk. If you like it thinner, use more milk.
- Serve immediately, I mean, why wouldn't you?
Posted on August 17, 2012