Peanut butter chocolate hazelnut oatmeal cookies are bursting with your favorite cookie ingredients all in one cookie!
Do you want to lick the screen?
I don’t know what it is but every couple months, I stare into my pantry and get this overwhelming feeling. And then I start to get really antsy. And then I literally take everything out of it and start chucking things in the trash that are either expired or something I don’t use anymore. And then once I’m done, I look at what I’ve reorganized and breathe and suddenly feel so much better. It’s amazing how much you can stuff in a pantry and never see again. It’s also amazing how much you FIND when you clean it out. Just last night, I went to the store to buy shredded coconut flakes. I bought two large bags for a project I’m doing this weekend. What do I find while cleaning the pantry? Oh, a large bag of shredded coconut flakes. Of course!
These cookies are kind of like cleaning out the pantry. I feel like there’s so much in these cookies that’s it’s like throwing all your pantry extras in here. You know, kinda like the clean the fridge dinner that you do every now and then with everything that’s about to go bad. But this cookie isn’t exactly made with stuff that’s about to go bad, it’s just made with a bunch of ingredients but that’s what MAKES this cookie SO good. If you’re into crunchy textures, nuts, oats, and a bunch of peanut butter, then this cookie has your name written all over it.
I’m a die-hard lover of hazelnuts. I’ve always been. Hazelnut syrup, hazelnut creamer, hazelnut everything. And yet I’ve never baked with hazelnuts before. Such a shame. Until now. I just love them in everything! Especially cookies.
Did I mention how obsessed I am with these cookies? Well, I am. They’re so chunky and every bite has a bit of oomph to it.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 oz chunky peanut butter (a standard JIF jar is 18 oz. so just use half of it)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs, beating well after each egg, then finally the vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and baking soda and mix until well incorporated. Then add the oats, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips. If it seems like your mixer is straining a bit, you can stop it and do it by hand, but it should be ok with the mixer.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough onto lined baking sheets and gently press down to flatten the tops with a fork.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes depending on how large your cookies are. You're looking for the edges to be slightly brown and crisp.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.