Oh my goodness. I don’t know when October got so busy. I remember back in September when I was looking at my calendar for October, I was so happy that it was so wide open because my September was absolutely packed. Well, I just took a glance at my October schedule and I feel like I’m squeezing every little thing in I can before our little pup comes home with us. This week and next week are absolutely insane as far as scheduling goes. If I showed you my calendar, you would probably have an anxiety attack. In fact, I’m surprised I’m not having an anxiety attack right now just thinking about it. I will admit that I love staying busy but even this hectic schedule of mine is a little too much for me. I have too much on my plate and I don’t know when to stop :)
With the cookbook coming out next month (yeah, can you believe that? It’s FINALLY almost here. I feel like I’ve been saying this for months), I have so many things leading up to it. I have to keep my lips sealed for a bit but I will be able to share REALLY soon and there are some exciting events that I hope you locals can attend!
Having a busy lifestyle, DeLallo has become a lifesaver these days. With their authentic Italian ingredients to help me out in the kitchen, I’m able to whip up delicious and healthy homemade meal even with the craziest schedule. Everything DeLallo has on their website are pantry staples I use almost every week in my kitchen. From their organic whole wheat pastas to their tomatoes to their olives to their pasta sauces (which by the way are amazing)…I can whip up anything in no time and that is what I’m all about.
To make dinnertime easy for us this week, I whipped up this pistachio mint pesto pasta with DeLallo’s organic whole wheat fusilli bucati and threw in their semi-dried cherry tomatoes for extra flavor. They were the perfect addition. I loved that they still had a tangy bite to them but they were still sweet! Also, can I say that I’m not quite sure why I haven’t ever thought to combine pistachios and mint leaves together?! It makes a richly flavored pesto that will cause you to constantly be dipping your spoon into the food processor bowl for a “taste test.”
Pistachio Mint Pesto Pasta
For the pesto
- 1/2 cup pistachio nutmeat
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup DeLallo extra virgin olive oil
For the rest of the dish
- 2 cups DeLallo organic whole wheat fusilli bucati
- 1: 6.7 ounce jar DeLallo seasoned semi-dried cherry tomatoes, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season water with salt. Add pasta and cook according to instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, in the bowl of a food processor, add pistachios, garlic, mint leaves, and salt. Put on the cover and turn on. Drizzle olive oil through the feed tube until mixture is combined and resembles pesto. Remove mixture and place into a large glass bowl.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain and add the hot pasta to the glass bowl, on top of the pistachio pesto mixture. Toss pasta together with the pesto until pasta is coated with the pesto. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss to mix. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm.
This is a sponsored post with DeLallo. I was compensated for my time but opinions are 100% my own.