Lightened Up Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
YAY new video!!! I hope you guys enjoy this and grab the recipe for this lightened up chicken and broccoli alfredo recipe below!
It’s one of my favorite dishes to make and I don’t always want the full-fat version so this lightened up version is perfect to kick of a healthier eating habit. I mean, indulging every now and then is totally okay but sometimes, you like to have lightened up alternatives!
When I was younger, every Italian restaurant we went to, I’d order chicken fettuccine alfredo, and believe me, I knew how bad it was but the worst things in life are always the best things in life – or at least in the moment it is! However, the after effects aren’t so fun. But, we’ve all learned to embrace that with moderation and ‘you only live once,’ right?
You won’t be able to tell that this is a lightened up version of the classic chicken and broccoli alfredo. It is just as creamy and full of flavor. It’s all about the spices and the secret ingredient that gives it that ultra creaminess!
You will love this and this makes great leftovers!
A lightened up way to make your favorite chicken and broccoli alfredo! You won't be able to tell the difference!
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk any kind
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed into 1-inch cubes (you may prepare this however you want, I just cooked mine in the skillet. You can grill them to give it more flavor, if you wish)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli thawed
- Fresh grated Parmesan to garnish
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain and set pasta aside.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil on medium high heat then add garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then whisk in the flour, cooking for an additional minute before adding in the chicken broth.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk. Then whisk in the Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Turn down the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer until thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in broccoli and cooked chicken then add pasta to the skillet. Toss to coat entirely. If mixture is too thick, you can add some of the reserved pasta water. If it's fine, you don't have to.
- Serve hot with grated Parmesan on top!
Posted on January 08, 2018