I love surprising my husband for his birthday. It’s so fun :) so last year, we went on a quick whirlwind trip to London for his 30th birthday. This year, since we couldn’t jet off to London, I decided to surprise him with his parents and a weekend full of festivities! I secretly coordinated with his mom for this weekend. They bought plane tickets and flew up on Friday morning! They rang the doorbell and ran and hid behind a bush. Jason was thoroughly confused because he thought some neighbor kid was playing ding-dong ditch, haha…then his parents popped out from behind the bushes and surprised him! Yay!
And to be in the spirits of Londoners, I made us afternoon tea reservations at the Ritz Carlton on Saturday! It was so much fun and it made me miss London that much more. There was no clotted cream or unlimited mini sandwiches but the tea was spectacular and so were the pastries. Can’t wait to get ourselves back to London next year for some real tea time! My parents joined us for Jason’s birthday dinner on Saturday and it was at one of our favorite local restaurants. The menu is constantly changing depending on season and what they can source locally. It was a great meal and fun celebrating with both sides of the family :)
This pumpkin apple bread is basically all the flavor combinations of Fall in one giant loaf of bread. It’s literally Fall in your mouth when you take a bite out of this! The ingredient list looks massive but I promise you it’s really not that hard :) This makes two 9×5 loaves but you can easily halve this to have it make one loaf. I developed this to make two because who doesn’t love extra pumpkin apple bread at home? You can easily freeze the other loaf for another time, too! It’s insanely moist and full of Fall flavor. If you recently went apple picking, I have a feeling you know where some of your apples are going to be ending up ;)
Pumpkin Apple Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1: 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups diced apples, peeled and cored
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add syrup, pumpkin puree, eggs, apple cider, coconut oil, and greek yogurt. Beat together on low speed.
- Carefully add the dry mixture in batches to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the diced apples to the mixture and fold in with a spatula.
- Evenly divide the batter amongst the two greased loaf pans and smooth out the tops.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely then place on a wire rack to finish cooling to room temperature.
- At this point you can slice up the bread or you can wrap and freeze them.
There are affiliate links within this post.