If you ever ask me what my favorite vegetable to roast is, I will give you two answers. Brussels sprouts and broccoli. I love both of them roasted because they still have bite but the roasting brings out incredible flavor, as well. The char and smokey flavor on the bottoms of the vegetables are one of my fav qualities about roasted veggies, especially when it comes to brussels sprouts and broccoli.
I usually roast my broccoli with just the basics: olive oil, salt, and pepper. This time, I decided to jazz it up a bit and roast it with some grated parmesan cheese because I have so much of it in the fridge from various recipes. GREAT decision on my part. The toasty and crunchy pieces of the parmesan cheese compliment the roasted broccoli perfectly.
I may or may not have also sprinkled additional parmesan cheese on top after it came out of the oven so the warmth from the broccoli could help the additional cheese adhere more.
Make good decisions. Make this roasted parmesan broccoli for dinner tonight!
An easy and delicious way to jazz up classic roasted broccoli!
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets not frozen
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place broccoli florets onto a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle florets with olive oil then sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Toss together with your hands then sprinkle parmesan cheese generously on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until florets are tender and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes then serve!