We attended our first corgi meetup this weekend and it was complete corgi overload! If you have any sort of love for this breed and their stumpy legs and floofy butts – this was where you should’ve been! Haha! It was so fun watching Winston romp around with fellow corgis. Finally friends that are his size and height! At daycare, he’s always playing with bigger and taller (although most dogs are all taller than him lol) dogs so this meetup was more on his level!
Jason and I are 1000% taking full advantage of the grill these days. It’s so much easier than cooking on the stove after work and why not take advantage of the warm weather?
Whenever I think about salted lime anything, my first thought goes to a margarita on the rocks. I LOVE an extra limey margarita on the rocks with extra salt. So given my love for lime and salt, this salted lime butter is pretty much perfection.
Flavoring plain butter is one of the best things. Butter is already good but take it to another level by giving it some zing. That’s why I added salt and lime. Maybe I was dreaming of a margarita the night I was making dinner? You know, having an actual margarita on the rocks would be a fabulous pairing with these salted lime butter grilled shrimp skewers.
Ice cold cocktail + grilling in warm weather = best equation ever.
Pretty much the only thing you need this summer.
And that cocktail ;)
Salted Lime Butter Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- Juice of one lime (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, lime zest, lime juice, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Turn grill on high and while grill is heating up, skewer* the shrimp.
- Grill shrimp until cooked through then immediately brush butter on the hot shrimp.
- Remove shrimp from skewers then serve immediately with more butter :)