Slow cooker Korean tacos are so easy to make and the results are a tender & flavorful pork wrapped inside a warm tortilla and topped with a tangy slaw!
Yesterday, we got an unexpected snow day! Monday was so nice and felt like spring and then Tuesday rolled around and it did a 180. They forecasted 8-11 inches so I think that scared a lot of officials and schools because all the closings started to happen. Woke up in the morning and the government was closed so that was a nice :) I already had MLK day off on Monday and yesterday was just extending the long weekend. They said that today’s wind chill is supposed to be -17 degrees. Oh my gosh, I don’t even want to step foot out of my house. I think I’d literally freeze :) not quite sure how the midwest deals with this kind of cold every winter!
A month or so ago, I had a huge hankering for Korean tacos. There’s this food truck in DC that Jason and I LOVE and try to go to whenever we’re at work and the food truck is around our offices. Well, when I had the craving, it was the weekend and we weren’t anywhere near the city so I had to remedy the situation by creating Korean tacos at home. I found this recipe in the cookbook, 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O’Dea. My friend at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt sent me her book and I couldn’t be more happy with it. Slow cooker recipes are my ultimate favorite and I know they’re your favorite too!
I loved the tenderness of the pork and the flavor! This pork and the sauce that accompanied it is bold, sweet, and tangy. Jason and I probably ate three tacos each and the leftovers were even better!
Slow Cooker Korean Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
- 3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1: 16- ounce package of coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Small tortillas or hot cooked white rice, for serving
- Add the pieces of pork in the insert/bowl of your slow cooker. Add hoisin sauce, garlic, green onions, and ground ginger.
- Toss each piece of pork a few times to fully coat with the sauce and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Prior to serving, in a bowl, toss coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix with rice wine vinegar and brown sugar.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Place pork back into the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with slaw on top or spoon pork onto a bed of rice. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
There are affiliate links within this post.