Slow Cooker Korean Pork Tacos are here to seriously elevate your taco Tuesdays in the most delicious way. These easy to make tacos feature tender and flavorful Asian-flavored infused shredded pork wrapped inside a warm tortilla and the best tangy slaw topping! They’re fresh, flavorful, and always hit the spot.
This recipe calls for all of the ingredients that make me so very happy – ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce and green onions. When you see that combination of ingredients listed in a recipe, you know it’s gonna be good! This pork is equal parts savory and freshly flavored, which makes it pair perfectly with the tangy slaw that tops each taco. Warning – you won’t be able to eat just one. But I dare you to try!
You already know the deal when it comes to slow cooked pork. It’s SO unbelievably tender! Plus, when the meat is slowly cooked, it really has time to settle and develop all of those bold ingredients it’s being cooked with. The end result is deliciously tender pork that’s loaded with flavor! The best part? It’s a slow cooker recipe, which means on top of all of that, it’s also wonderfully easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This
- Slow and steady. Your Crockpot may take its time to cook the pork, but the wait is always well worth your patience! The slow and steady cook time ensures the most flavorful and tender meat.
- Bold flavors. Garlic, ginger, and hoisin sauce always guarantee a boldly flavored recipe! You’ll love this flavor-packed pork and how well it pairs with the fresh, tangy slaw.
- So easy! Set it and forget it, friends! When you serve these flavorful tacos to your guests, they’ll never believe just how simple this recipe was to whip up.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make Korean pork tacos. Make sure to scroll down to view the full recipe for exact measurements.
- Boneless pork loin
- Hoisin sauce
- Green onions
- Rice wine vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Tortillas – You can sub these with white rice instead if you’d like.
How To Make Korean Pork Tacos
Here is a general overview of the steps involved to make the best Korean pork tacos with slaw. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the full recipe.
Make it flavorful. Add the pork to your slow cooker. Mix in the hoisin sauce, garlic, green onions, and ginger. Toss everything together so the pork is fully coated.
Slow cook the pork. Cover the Crockpot and cook on low heat for 8-9 hours.
Make the slaw. This is great to do when the pork is in the final hour of cook time. Toss together the coleslaw with rice wine vinegar and brown sugar.
Shred it. Remove the cooked pork from the slow cooker. Use two forks to shred it, then toss it back in the slow cooker and mix to coat.
Enjoy! Serve this shredded Korean pork and slaw with a warmed tortilla or over a bed of fluffed white rice.
Recipe Tips, Substitutions, and Variations
Want to change things up? Here are just a few ideas of how to make the BEST Korean pork tacos.
- Add a little bit of spice. Made primarily with hoisin sauce, this shredded pork is definitely on the sweeter side. You can spice it up with a little gochujang sauce or some simple crushed red pepper flakes if you’d like. Just be careful, because a little bit of either of those ingredients goes a long way!
- Serve however you’d like. Not in the mood for tacos? While I can’t relate, I can offer a substitution! Feel free to plate your shredded pork and slaw with some white rice in place of a tortilla. You could always use cauliflower rice instead if you’d like lesser carbs.
- Don’t forget to garnish! Are garnishes optional? Technically, yes. But they’re half the fun! I like to garnish my tacos with an extra sprinkle of green onions to really solidify that fresh flavor. Sesame seeds also work well.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store the shredded pork by itself in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Feel free to reheat in the microwave or back in the slow cooker until warmed through.
The slaw will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2-3 days, but won’t be as crisp as the first day it’s made! For that reason, I don’t recommend making the easy slaw until right before serving.
What to Serve with Korean Pork Tacos
If you feel that these tacos won’t fill you up or just want an additional side dish or two, these tasty additions below have seriously mouthwatering flavors that will excite your taste buds!
Slow Cooker Korean Pork Tacos
- 2 pounds (907 g) boneless pork loin, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup (275 g) hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
- 3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 ounce (454 g) package of coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- 3 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Small tortillas or hot cooked white rice, for serving
- Add the pieces of pork in the insert/bowl of your slow cooker. Add hoisin sauce, garlic, green onions, and ground ginger.
- Toss each piece of pork a few times to fully coat with the sauce and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Prior to serving, in a bowl, toss coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix with rice wine vinegar and brown sugar.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred. Place pork back into the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with slaw on top or spoon pork onto a bed of rice. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
Photographs by Eat Love Eat