I just got home from a long weekend visiting Gina and Brandy and had another hilariously awesome weekend. It was full of laughter, eating, meeting new friends, getting makeup tips, and sharing blogging tips amongst each other.
It’s so funny how blogging slash the internet brings you together these days. I feel like growing up, that was a huge no-no. You never meet anyone that you’ve been talking to on the internet let alone travel to visit them and stay a weekend with them. Times sure have changed!
I love rice as much as the next Asian so if I had to pick team rice or team tofu, I would have to choose rice over tofu. I mean, I do love tofu but not as much as I love rice. Rice is such a great base for any recipe – kind of like pasta for Italians. What better way to top rice with two delicious crispy sweet and spicy chicken tenders?
Crispy Sweet and Spicy Chicken Tenders
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup Soy Vay® Spicy’N Sweet Chili Heat or Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teryiaki®
- White rice for serving
- Green scallions,, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a wire rack on top of a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In two shallow containers, add panko to one container and milk and egg to the other container. Whisk together the milk and egg.
- Coat the chicken tenders into the milk and egg mixture then drain off the excess. Coat the chicken in panko on both sides and gently press panko onto chicken. Shake off excess and place onto wire rack. Repeat until all chicken tenders are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes then using tongs, flip the chicken to cook on the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour your sauce of choice into a shallow container. Dip the chicken tenders in the sauce of your choice and place on top of white rice. Garnish with green scallions, if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.