This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Monday’s deserve a pizza recipe because when I think of pizza, I think of weekend and I would just like to live in that ignorant bliss stage and pretend that it’s still the weekend.
We had a very good weekend. It was the first weekend in the past month that we didn’t have any plans and any entertaining. We literally just vegged on the couch and binge-watched Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle (omg so good. We’re on the second season) and yet another Harry Potter weekend on Freeform.
I also paid off my car a year and 4 months early!! Yay for no more monthly car payments! Time to buy a new car — just kidding. I’m going to sit on this one for a while. There is nothing wrong with it now (knock on wood) and I love it just as much as the day I got it so there really is no need to get a new one.
The weather this weekend was also a nice break from the humidity we’ve been having. The weather around here has been doing some kind of roller coaster wave. It’ll be super hot and humid and then it’ll feel like Fall. Truly, I can’t wait for Fall because this summer has been really gross and wet and unlike any other summer we’ve had around here.
Whenever the weather is just right, we like to grill pizzas. If you’re a mushroom lover, you will absolutely love this triple mushroom and herb grilled pizza!
Realistically, you could make this with even four or five of your favorite mushrooms!
The pizza is not only topped with three different types of mushrooms, it is also topped with ricotta and mozzarella cheese! There is no sauce to this grilled pizza (except just olive oil and garlic). You really don’t miss the sauce. You have the hearty, earthy mushrooms and the creamy ricotta cheese to make this grilled pizza perfection!
Triple Mushroom and Herb Grilled Pizza
For the mushroom topping
- 6 ounces sliced portobella mushrooms
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped off the stems
For the rest of the recipe
- 1 pizza dough recipe or your favorite store-bought dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup whole milk freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, garlic, and thyme in a little olive oil until softened and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Place mushrooms in a small bowl, leaving the liquid in the skillet, and set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill on high.
- In a small ramekin, add olive oil and garlic and set aside.
- While you're preheating the grill, roll out your dough on a lightly floured 9-inch pizza pan. Gently stretch it and pull it to fit the 9-inch pizza pan.
- Once done, lightly brush dough with bit of the garlic olive oil. Then place it gently on the grill (you may need a helping hand for this part). Close the lid and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side (checking every so often to make sure the bottom doesn't get too charred - every grill VARIES in temperature so keep an eye on it).
- After 3-5 minutes, flip the dough on the other side, close the lid and grill for another 3-5 minutes, again checking every so often to make sure it doesn't get too charred.
- Once both sides have been grilled, bring the dough inside to assemble your toppings.
- Brush the remaining garlic olive oil on the dough then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and dollops of ricotta cheese. Then sprinkle all the cooked mushrooms on top and more thyme leaves, if desired.
- Return to grill but make sure the grill is off. You will just now use the residual heat to melt the cheeses. Once cheese has melted, bring back inside and slice and serve!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Thursday 14th of September 2017
Congrats on paying off your car early! I would celebrate with a pizza too :D
Friday 15th of September 2017
Friday 25th of August 2017
Don't mind me, I'm just going to Homer Simpson drool all over this post. Hot dang, triple mushroom anything sounds divine, let alone on pizza!
Monday 14th of August 2017
This pizza is absolutely gorgeous Julie! Can't wait to try it. Also can we get a cheers for weekends without plans. They are my favorite kind!
Tuesday 15th of August 2017
I hope to have another weekend with no plans! It's so relaxing :)