There is nothing I love more than being able to make this buffalo chicken pizza at home!
I’m not much of a sports fan but I’m always a fan of the big football game that is every late-January/early-February.
And we all know it’s mainly for the food.
I like the company, too, but let’s be real..everyone is in it for the food. Or is it just me?
Whenever I think about game day, I immediately think of buffalo chicken wings.
There is something iconic about that appetizer.
But you know me, I always like changing things up so this buffalo chicken pizza is 100% going on our game day menu.
What is buffalo chicken pizza?
It’s basically the most epic of all pizzas, haha
It’s shredded chicken tossed in spicy buffalo sauce then topped with blue cheese and ranch.
I mean, it’s basically buffalo chicken wings in a less messy form.
And everything on one portable device: a pizza crust.
Blue cheese or ranch?
I LOOOVE blue cheese dressing but if you aren’t a fan of blue cheese, you could sub in ranch.
OR, if you love both, you could dip the crust in ranch and put the blue cheese on the pizza. YUM!
Can I use store-bought pizza dough for this?
Yes! I encourage it.
However, store-bought meaning, fresh pizza dough that the bakery has made in the refrigerated section and not the canned pizza dough.
If you are going all out and wanting this to be 100% homemade, I have this homemade pizza dough blend you can use!
How spicy is this buffalo chicken pizza?
It’s as spicy as you want it to be!
I know typically, buffalo wing sauce can be fairly spicy but I think they sell milder versions now.
Can this be frozen?
No. This needs to be made the day of and eaten the day of.
Does this buffalo chicken pizza use any kind of sauce?
It uses the blue cheese dressing as the tomato sauce.
How would you reheat this?
If you have a toaster oven, this would be best reheated that way or in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-10 minutes.
If you love pizza, you may like these pizza recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 recipe for homemade dough or store-bought
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Bring your dough to room temperature and preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly dust a nonstick, 12-inch pizza pan with flour. Work to stretch the dough to fit the entire pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shredded chicken in the buffalo sauce.
- To assemble your pizza, pour the blue cheese dressing on top of the pizza dough then spread it out in an even layer with a spoon or spatula.
- Add the buffalo chicken on top, in a thin, even layer. Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top of the chicken.
- Place pizza on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until dough is nice and brown around the edges and the chicken has warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Slice into wedges and serve with extra dressing!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.