The BEST Grilled Turkey Chorizo Burgers are made with only 4 ingredients and just a few easy to follow steps. You’re going to love this summery burger recipe! Turkey and chorizo come together to create a flavorful, juicy burger patty that’s topped off with perfectly melted pepper jack cheese. Add some avocado for an even brighter bite!
Do I ever really get tired of eating burgers fresh off the grill in a backyard? Nope! However, it’s fun to switch things up from time to time. Instead of making your traditional beef burgers with all the fixings, next time you fire up the grill, consider making these deliciously summer-ready Turkey Chorizo Burgers.
Turkey burgers are pretty good all on their own, but adding chorizo really elevates them in an unforgettably good way. I’m sorry in advance – after you have one of these burgers, you may not be able to make regular turkey burgers again. The chorizo brings a salty, smoky, and slightly spicy element to the patties that really can’t be beat.
When you serve Grilled Turkey Chorizo Burgers, consider adding some pepper jack cheese and avocado on top. The pepper jack compliments the spiciness of the chorizo, while the avocado is a summery touch that keeps the burger from being too spicy. A tomato slice is delicious on top as well!
What You’ll Need:
- Ground Turkey – You can use lean or extra lean ground turkey. Both options will work just fine.
- Chorizo Sausage – Any brand is fine to use.
- Buns – While I typically opt for potato buns with these burgers, you can use whatever buns you prefer.
- Pepper Jack Cheese – Pepper jack cheese is great for these slightly spicy burgers because it lends more heat to every bite. For a less spicy option, opt for cheddar or american cheese.
How to Make Grilled Turkey Chorizo Burgers
For more detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Make the patties. Combine the ground turkey and chorizo in a mixing bowl. Form four 1/2 inch thick patties. Press down with your thumb in the center of each patty – this helps prevent them from puffing up while grilling.
Grill the patties. Place the patties in the center of the grill and cook them for about 7-10 minutes. Then lower the heat of the grill and add a slice of cheese to each patty. The cheese will melt in about 1 minute.
Assemble the burgers. Spoon some guacamole onto each of the bottom buns, then add a tomato slice. Top with the cheesy patty and top bun. Enjoy!
Are Grilled Turkey Chorizo Burgers spicy? The chorizo and pepper jack cheese both lend spiciness to the burgers, but it’s not a crazy amount of heat.
How long will the patties stay fresh? I recommend enjoying these burgers are soon as the patties are fresh off of the grill. If you do have any leftovers, they’ll stay fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for about 2 days.
What other toppings can I use? A slice from a heirloom tomato would be delicious on top of these burgers! Or a red onion as well!
Sink your teeth into more of the best burgers this summer!
Turkey Chorizo Burgers
- ½ pound ground turkey
- ½ pound chorizo sausage
- 4 brioche buns, cut in half and toasted
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Guacamole, for topping (homemade or store-bought)
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat outdoor grill to high.
- In a large bowl, gently combine ground turkey and chorizo then form four 1/2 inch thick patties and using your thumb, press down the center of the burger to keep the patty from puffing up when grilling.
- In place the patties on the grill and cook for about 7-10 minutes or whenever the meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center of the burger. Turn the grill to low heat and place the cheese slices on each patty and let it melt gently, about 1 minute.
- To assemble the burger, spoon a heaping spoonful of guacamole on the bottom of the buns. Place the turkey chorizo patty on top then place the other half of the bun on top. Repeat with all the other burgers.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.