The big day is tomorrow! I cannot believe it. This year has flown by way too quickly and given the fact that the weather is warm, it definitely doesn’t feel like tomorrow is Thanksgiving! If you’re cooking for just the two of you tomorrow or have a bunch of leftovers, you’ll want to continue reading!
We all know that cooking for two on Thanksgiving seems daunting. You want to celebrate the holiday, but you also don’t want to be stuck with leftovers for a month. This Turkey Shepherd’s Pie for Two gives you an alternative to a large Thanksgiving spread. You still get all the sides that are classic for Thanksgiving, but without all the leftovers taking up your refrigerator space. Perfection! This recipe is also great if you happen to celebrate with family or friends and you get sent home with a bunch of leftovers. The turkey and mashed potato leftovers can be used in this recipe, and it’s like having a Thanksgiving meal all over again!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded or diced turkey, I boiled a 1-pound turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 2/3 cup mashed potatoes (I boiled 2 small red potatoes then mashed them with 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)