If you love chocolate, then you’re going to love this dessert. This molten lava cake is flowing (literally) with chocolate. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream to be eating this. It’s so rich and decadent. This is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!
Jason and I went to Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse on Friday evening with our friends, Amanda and Sol. Cute little double date :) It was all of ours first time at this steakhouse and the only reason why we even went was because there was a Yelp promotion going on for this restaurant (make a reservation and get $25 off) and also Sol had a $50 off gift card. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Their steaks were cooked perfectly to our requests and their side dishes were delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant if you have one in your area (no, I was not paid in gift cards to make this plug. I like giving reviews of restaurants too!).
Now, let’s talk about their dessert. Their molten lava cake is what gave me the inspiration to make this dessert in the first place. Our waitress asked us halfway into our meal if we wanted their signature dessert, the molten lava cake, and if we did, we should order it now because it takes about 20 minutes to make. I said I saw the pictures of it online and it looked awesome so we all agreed to get one to share. When it came out, it was the most luscious chocolatey goodness, ever. I was determined to make one of my own. I know that desserts are restaurants are extremely up-charged and I know how easy they are to make (example: the crème brûlée) so I was sure I could make this myself too.
I’m happy to say that this turned out just as I expected: a moist cake on the outside and hot gooey chocolate lava on the inside. It takes no time (literally took me 5 minutes) to whip it all up and pop it in the oven for it to do the rest. If you have 20 minutes, then you have time to make yourself a sinful treat :) You’ll definitely want to serve these with a large glass of milk or ice cream to wash it all down. It’s very rich!
Adapted from Our Best Bites
Molten Lava Cake
4 tbsp. butter, softened
1/3 cup of sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup of flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the inside of your ramekins with some cooking spray or take a pad of butter and rub it around on the inside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one by one, beating after each egg.
- Add in the flour and salt and combine until smooth.
- Gently blend in your melted chocolate until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly amongst your ramekins. I was able to make 5. You’ll want to fill the ramekins 3/4 of the way. Put your ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the tops of the cake no longer jiggle when you shake the pan lightly.
- Let sit for 10 minutes then take a knife and go around the edge. They should pop out easily.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar on top before serving.
All images and content are © Table for Two. Please do not republish anything without prior consent. If you want to share this recipe, please REWRITE the directions in your own words, use your own photos, and link back to this post to provide proper credit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this.