Chocolate Cream Cupcakes for my 25th Birthday.
Today is my birthday. I’m officially in my mid-twenties. It’s my quarter century, y’all.
So as conceited as it may be, I baked myself cupcakes and decided to gift y’all with them.
And these aren’t just any regular cupcakes. These are my favorite cupcakes in the entire world. Yes, this is a contender to my favorite flavor, red velvet. You know what that means. These are THAT good.
I mean, just look at them. They’re oozing with chocolate and cream cheese. They’re so super moist on the inside too. So sinful. And so appropriate for a birthday celebration.
Did you know me and N*SYNC hottie, JT, share the same bday? Yup. I’m super-duper cool. OH, and guess who else? Give up? JULIE from The Little Kitchen and I not only share the same names, we share the SAME FREAKING BIRTHDAY too (oh, and we’re both Asian — coincidence??) !! Yeah, this revelation had us thinking “are we in the twilight zone?” So, go tweet at her & wish her a happy freaking birthday! Happy birthday Julie!!
I had these cupcakes years ago, in high school, and I told myself I was going to make them. I got the recipe from my friend and it was forever lost in my inbox. Then Saturday evening rolled around and I suddenly thought of these cupcakes. I had all the ingredients so I woke up early Sunday morning and baked my little heart out. These cupcakes make me so happy :) they’re so decadent and perfect. Want to know my birthday wish? For you to go make these :)
The best cupcakes to celebrate a special occasion!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan by lining with muffin liners or by spraying with cooking spray.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the ingredients for the filling (except the chocolate chips) until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. With a whisk or wooden spoon, mix together the dry with the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Fill muffin cups with 2/3 full of batter then spool 1 level tbsp. of filling into the center of each cupcake. Repeat until all batter and filling have been used up.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake portion comes out clean with a toothpick. Let cupcakes cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.