OCTOBER IS FINALLY HERE!! Which means PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!! Okay, maybe not, but I can break out all the pumpkin recipes and not feel so bad about rushing into October! This really does feel like Fall now AND your kitchen will thank you for it because the smell of pumpkin spice anything baking is one of the best smells in the world. It gives me such a warm feeling.
These are THE perfect muffins to start your Fall baking. Seriously. Chocolate chunks in every bite of this muffin. It’s also not too sweet. The pumpkin spice gives it that warm, earthy taste, and the chocolate rounds out the sweetness. The pumpkin puree makes these muffins SO moist.
Do me a favor, will ya? Go make these. Now!
Well, you might need some pumpkin spice first, so get that going and then whip up a batch of these. Your mouth will love you, and whomever else you decide to share these with :)
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Yield: 1 dozen | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 cup plain pumpkin puree
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together eggs, pumpkin, and butter.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks with a spatula.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tins and bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Source: adapted from Cooking on the Side