Start or finish your day with a perfect surprise: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin! Spiced pumpkin batter is baked with a warm, gooey cream cheese center that’s still decadent even when it cools.
Move over, Starbucks – there’s a new pumpkin cream cheese muffin in town! These homemade muffins are way more delicious than anything you’ll find at a drive-thru or at a grocery store, too.
And don’t worry, there’s also not a whole lot of hassle at all when it comes to making them!
I love serving any kind of a filled muffin or cupcake, because it always looks like I did so much more work than what was actually required. In reality, these sweet treats are super simple to assemble and always hit the spot!
I’ve yet to serve these to anyone who could say no. I mean, they’re pumpkin muffins with a sweet creamy center… What’s not to love?
The biggest bragging right, besides how picturesque these muffins are, is that they’re 100% made from scratch.
And honestly, this is one of those desserts that I really think you can taste the love with every bite! Okay, maybe it’s the pumpkin puree, brown sugar and vanilla you’re tasting. But they’re made with lots of love, too!
Ingredients for pumpkin cream cheese muffins
For the batter, you’ll need:
- Flour – All-purpose will get the job done.
- Baking soda – This will help make them nice and fluffy.
- Baking powder – This will work hand in hand with the baking soda.
- Pumpkin pie spice – Make your own pumpkin pie spice!
- Cinnamon – To help create that wonderful pumpkin spice flavor even more.
- Salt – Just a small pinch.
- Eggs – I tend to use free-range organic eggs.
- Pumpkin puree – You’ll only need to buy one can at the store.
- Sugar – You need both white and brown sugar.
- Oil – Vegetable oil works best.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla extra or imitation both work.
For the cream cheese filling, you should have:
- Cream cheese – It needs to be room temperature.
- Sugar – Just white sugar!
What’s the best way to fill the muffins?
When it comes to actually placing the mixture into the muffins, I recommend using a piping bag or a zip-top baggie with the corner cut. If you try to use a spoon, things could get messy!
Can I fill them with something else?
You could try your favorite jam with these but there is something about cream cheese and pumpkin!
If you want to use frosting, I suggest filling them after baking.
How long will pumpkin cream cheese muffins stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these Fall favorite muffins will stay fresh for about 5 days.
That’s plenty of time to enjoy them with your morning coffee!
Cupcakes are so overrated! Make these muffins instead.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
For the batter:
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or imitation vanilla flavor
For the cream cheese filling:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or imitation vanilla flavor
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate large bowl that add the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then stir just until combined.
- Add cupcake liners to a 12 capacity muffin pan and spray with nonstick spray.
- Fill the liners ¾ of the way with the batter then set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the sugar, vanilla and salt to the cream cheese and beat again until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture directly on top of the muffin batter or fill a large zip lock bag with the cream cheese, cut a small hole in the bottom and pipe the cream cheese into the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of one of the muffins.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.