25-Minute Bacon Gnocchi with Broccoli and Shaved Brussels
Some days I wonder if things are ever going to calm down for us. I remember when we were nearing the end of December, I said to myself that I would try to stop being so busy and filling up every free moment and relax more in 2016. Heck, in the interview I did with Heidi, I said that I was going to do that! Life seems to have a different plan for us. 😓
On Thursday night, Winston woke up in at 3am crying in his crate. He never does that so I knew something was wrong. As soon as I opened the crate, he bolted out so I took him outside and well, to spare you the details, we’ll just say he made a mess. We also saw a little vomit outside of his crate. We thought maybe something was just upsetting his stomach. Friday he was fine, although when he went to the bathroom, it wasn’t normal, even though we had been feeding him a bland diet of chicken and rice. Saturday, he woke up at 1am crying in his crate. Same thing happened as Thursday night except this time, we noticed a lot of vomit in his crate and his dinner he had eaten earlier. We called the vet early on Saturday morning and we are supposed to hear back today whether or not tests show a parasite or not. The vet is thinking maybe he had too many treats at physical therapy on Wednesday but it really honestly could be a multitude of things. As of now, he’s on anti-vomiting and anti-diarrheal medication. Seriously – can anything else happen to this poor pup?! 😞
On top of all that on Saturday morning, we had a previously scheduled listing meeting with our realtor that day, as well. We figured out mostly everything and we are kicking everything to high gear soon. We will likely be listing on or before March 20. Completely depends on when we can get most stuff done. I have a feeling it will be before March 20 because I’m crazy and have been boxing everything up lately and making us get the house ready for showing. We are just so sick of our neighborhood and can’t wait for a single family home with a big backyard for Winston 😍
Saturday evening, Jason and I spent it cleaning out our closets and drawers, putting stuff in donation piles and trash piles. I scheduled a Salvation Army pickup this week and yesterday, I started cleaning out our kitchen cabinets. I’m literally just boxing everything up that I don’t think we’ll be using from now until we move. Which I’m also slightly stressed out about because if we sell our house fast and we haven’t found a house we love, then we could end up in an apartment temporarily which means moving twice. Gah. Keep your fingers crossed for us that the timing all works out perfectly and everything falls into place 🙏
Now this bacon gnocchi with broccoli and shaved brussels is one of those quick weeknight dinner fixes because Lord knows we clearly need that these days with how busy life is. It takes about 25 minutes from start to finish and it is loaded with flavor and lots and lots of bacon! I posted this on Instagram months ago when I was doing a quick Snapchat recipe run-through and you all wanted the recipe! So here it is..months later!😝
If you have 25 minutes then you have enough time to make this quick weeknight dinner entree of bacon gnocchi with broccoli and shaved brussels!
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 16 ounces of potato gnocchi
- 2 cups thinly sliced/shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy and let drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Do not add gnocchi yet as it cooks fairly quickly.
- In the same skillet you cooked the bacon in, add in reserved bacon fat and place skillet over medium-high heat, add brussels sprouts and cook until softened. Add broccoli florets and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- While the broccoli is cooking, add the gnocchi to the boiling water and follow instructions on gnocchi package for cooking.
- Once gnocchi is done cooking, add to skillet with brussels and broccoli and toss to incorporate. Add marinara sauce and the crumbled bacon. Remove from heat and toss again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Posted on February 15, 2016