Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Cranberry white chocolate cookies are chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Plus this combination might be the new PB and chocolate
I love it when friends associate me with food or when they think of me with recipes. It’s nice because it makes you feel like you’ve made an impact in their lives through food and your passion. I love whenever a friend or coworker, even a family member, tells me they made something off my blog. The feeling is very heartwarming and I just love being able to share that passion and love with everyone and see how it transpires in their life.
I was given this cookie recipe by my maid of honor. We were hanging out one day, in fact, this was a couple weeks before Christmas (yes, totally guilty of holding on to this post for a while) and talking about cranberries and white chocolate and ingredients that make the holidays seem close. She said there was a cookie recipe that is her husband’s favorite and that she wanted to pass along to me so I could make it for the blog. That makes me so excited – I don’t take requests very often but as soon as I heard what was in these cookies, I knew I had to make them.
Some combinations in cookies just go so well together. It’s like they were MADE to be together. Cranberry and white chocolate is definitely one of them. These cookies kind of remind me of the new Girl Scout berry cookies they have. I remember when I bought a couple boxes of those last year. They were pretty much gone by the end of the day. They were addicting!
The texture of these cookies are chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outer edges and a slightly crunchy top. I love the dried cranberries and white chocolates in this cookie. It just gives the cookie a great depth of flavor and they just go so well together! I don’t know how to describe it – I just always think of cranberry and white chocolate together. Like milk and cookies, you know? Speaking of milk and cookies..maybe you should go make these and grab a glass of milk too ;)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the egg, vanilla extract, and milk and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.