This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apple Cinnamon Swirl bread is a homemade Fall treat that you’ll be baking all season long! Cozy up with a slice of this sweet, warm, comforting bread and turn on your favorite Halloween movie. This moist and perfectly baked bread will keep you smiling all season long!
Tis the season for curling up on the couch and watching Harry Potter movies, drinking pumpkin cream cold brew, visiting the pumpkin patch and baking fresh apple cinnamon swirl bread (and even apple cider doughnuts if you’re ambitious)!
If I sound a little over-enthused, it’s only because Fall is the only season that makes my witchy heart truly sing and I just love the smell of cinnamon and apples in my kitchen!
Nothing says “Fall” quite like this homemade apple cider cinnamon swirl bread.
It’s rich with cinnamon apple flavor, and the swirl on top is oh-so sweet with plenty of brown sugar. Everything about this bread will make you feel all warm and cozy inside, even if you live in a corner of the world that’s still warm and sunny.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this bread is to warm up a slice in the morning for just a few moments in the oven, then I pair it with a pumpkin cream cold brew and revel in my autumnal bliss!
It’s the best way to start the day, honestly. However, it’s also delicious to enjoy midday as a snack, or as dessert after dinner. There’s never a bad time to enjoy this easy to make bread!
Ingredients for apple cider cinnamon swirl bread
The bread calls for:
- Apples – Use apples that are good for baking, like Pink Lady, Gala, or my favorite Honeycrisp.
- Flour – You just need all-purpose flour for this bread.
- Sugar – White granulated sugar is what makes the bread sweet.
- Butter – Melted salted or unsalted butter both work, but you could also substitute the butter entirely with a neutral oil.
- Eggs – They can be cold or room temperature.
- Vanilla – Just a splash of vanilla extract will add a bit of depth to the sweetness.
- Baking powder – This will help prevent the bread from being too dense.
- Baking soda – This works hand in hand with the baking powder to help the bread rise and be a bit fluffy.
- Salt – Just a sprinkle!
For the cinnamon swirl, you’ll need:
- Brown sugar – You can also make your own brown sugar simply be combining 1 cup of white sugar with 1 tablespoon of molasses.
- Cinnamon – You can toss a little extra in there for an even more noticeable cinnamon flavor, if you’d prefer.
Can I add anything else to this bread?
You can add some dried fruit or even nuts if you prefer but I honestly love it the way it is. If you load it up too much, it might get too dense and flavors might get all jumbled up.
You really want to taste that apple cinnamon!
What is the best apple variety to use?
If you can get your hands on honeycrisp, that is my ultimate favorite because of its sweet and tart flavor.
Pinklady or gala works too. If you really like tart, granny smiths work well too!
How can I prevent my apple cinnamon swirl bread from drying out?
To help prevent your apple bread from drying out, keep it covered on the countertop in an airtight container with a slice of white bread (kind of like how you do for cookies) or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat it, pop it in a toaster oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes to warm it up!
Once warm, it’s also tasty with just a smidge of salted butter smeared on it!
Can I freeze apple cinnamon swirl bread?
Sure thing! This apple cinnamon swirl bread will stay fresh in the freezer for about a month.
When you’re ready to enjoy it, just let it adjust to room temperature for an hour or so before warming it up in the oven. Oh, and don’t forget to store it in an airtight container in the freezer to prevent freezer burn.
Have a hankering for more Fall-inspired apple recipes?
Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 apples, good for baking apples include: Pink Lady, Gala, Honeycrisp, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cup (188 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 g) white sugar
- ½ cup (114 g) melted butter or neutral oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the swirl:
- ½ cup (110 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Grease an 8-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix swirl ingredients and set aside.
- Mix eggs with white sugar in a large bowl. Add melted butter and combine.
- Add vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Add ½ of the apple bread batter to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle ¾ of the swirls mix over the batter. Fill the pan with the remaining batter. Top the loaf with the rest of the swirl.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly golden on top. Insert a toothpick to be sure the loaf is cooked before removing it from the oven. If the toothpick is clean, your apple bread is ready to go.
- Let cool completely before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.