Arugula pesto bowtie pasta topped with creamy goat cheese for a dish that is light and full of flavor I just got back from Mixed Conference yesterday and I’m still feeling like a zombie. I didn’t want to miss a second of socializing and interacting with friends so I chose that over sleep. I finally got to meet so many of my food blogging friends that I felt as if I already knew just from our interactions online! If you haven’t been to a blogging conference before, I highly recommend it! You get to network so much and get to learn a ton of new things. Some will already be known concepts but things are ever-changing so there is always something new to be learned!
Now, I must entice you with this gorgeous & easy pesto pasta recipes. For one, I love the gorgeous color that arugula pesto gives a dish and second, the FLAVOR. Talk about a peppery & bitter kick. It’s the perfect addition to add to pasta that’s smothered with goat cheese. Creamy, yet light, and it’s got a bite. It’s the perfect bowl of pasta!
Arugula Pesto Bowtie Pasta with Goat Cheese
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
For the arugula pesto
- 10 oz baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup olive oil
For the rest of the pasta dish
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 3 tbsp arugula pesto
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in food processor.
- Turn the food processor on and drizzle olive oil through feed tube. If you need more to get the right consistency, use more.
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 month.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, then cook pasta according to instructions on box.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain well but reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- In the same pot, pour the pasta back in and add the 3 tbsp. of arugula pesto. The heat of the pasta will spread the pesto all over. Add in a little bit of the pasta water to thin it out. You might not need the full 1/4 cup.
- Crumble goat cheese on top and stir well to melt and combine.
- Serve hot.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.