This baked salmon recipe with honey dijon and garlic won me a trip to Paris!
Yes, it won me a trip to Paris and you can watch the video of me making it (at home) below!!
I entered a random recipe contest with Cono Sur Vineyards & Winery. The recipe contest was simple: submit a recipe and name a wine they produce that you think would pair well with your recipe.
I don’t like contests, have never entered one, and I never win anything in lottery situations anyway, but I figured since I already had a recipe that I knew would work well with one of their sauvignon blancs, I felt that submitting the recipe was no skin off my back. I submitted it and thought nothing of it. I honestly even forgot about the whole contest until I got an email congratulating me about winning a trip to Paris to compete in the final competition.
I totally thought it was a scam at first but then I dug through emails and remembered this recipe contest that I entered. Holy crap! I won and was representing the United States in this competition!
There were six other countries represented and one blogger from each country (and their guest) would be flown, all expenses paid, to Paris to compete for the grand prize, which was a 6-night, 7-day, all expense paid trip to Chile to visit the Cono Sur vineyards and winery!
Jason unfortunately couldn’t come with to Paris due to work commitments but lucky Gina accompanied me to Paris.
They flew both of us first class (umm, I don’t know if I can ever fly coach again, haha just kidding) and wined and dined us and showed us the beauty of Paris!
Sadly, I didn’t win but I felt like a winner because I got a trip of a lifetime through this delicious salmon recipe!
Now YOU can make this award-winning salmon recipe at home!!
This salmon recipe really is easy and has got lots of flavor!
I came up with this recipe by simply going into my pantry.
You can’t ever go wrong with honey dijon mustard and garlic in a dish.
How do you cook this baked salmon recipe?
I put it on a baking sheet and let it bake open-faced.
How fast does salmon take to bake?
Super fast! Depending on how thick your salmon is, it is usually done in less than 15 minutes!
You don’t want to overcook your salmon because it’ll get tough.
What can you serve with this baked salmon recipe?
I served this with pearl couscous but any grain would work here, along with some roasted vegetables.
Overall thoughts on this baked salmon with honey dijon and garlic?
It turned out wonderful! You can whip this together in 20 minutes and the sauce is SO GOOD.
It doesn’t take away the beauty and flavor of the salmon but it enhances it.
Honestly, this sauce can easily go on chicken, too, but if you’re looking for easy salmon recipes and want to utilize salmon more into your diet, then this recipe is for you!
Other salmon recipes you may enjoy:
- Sugared soy sauce salmon
- Cherry chipotle glazed salmon
- Salmon ceviche
- Smoked salmon and burrata pizza
- Grilled coho salmon
Baked Salmon with Honey Dijon and Garlic
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 2: 10-12 ounce fresh salmon, (cleaned, pin-bones removed)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with foil. Place salmon pieces on top of the foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, parsley, honey Dijon, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil. Whisk well until well-combined then using a pastry brush, brush on the sauce onto the salmon pieces.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes (or depending on how thick your slices of salmon are, you may need to reduce the time by 2-3 minutes or increase it by 2-3 minutes - just keep an eye on it!)
- Serve with your favorite sides (we served it with a side of Israeli couscous).