I swear I can be the most spastic person ever. Yesterday, I went to get a pedicure and even though I knew it was a hot stone massage, when the technician brought the stones to my station and placed it on my leg, I almost kicked my technician in the face because I didn’t hear her say that she was about to place it on me. I literally was like ‘holy crap what is this super hot thing on me?’ and flicked my shin and feet up in the air. Yeah, maybe giving me a pedicure is some sort of liability ;)
Also speaking of pedicures, the nail polish station where you choose a color. I think they need to give me a timer like the Jeopardy countdown or something. I literally take forever to choose a color. It’s like I’m making a huge decision or something. Just like paint swatches or pens or shirts…if you throw 50 colors in front of me with very similar shades, I just want to pick them all. Oh, and remember my Tieks post? Just like picking nail colors, picking three pairs of shoes was nearly impossible! Haha, please tell me you have similar issues…or do you have a go-to color for nails? I typically lean towards pinks and reds but there are always so many shades!
I was craving a cold Mediterranean pasta salad one afternoon and by golly, I went ahead and made one! They’re so easy to make and you can bring them to large parties and they’ll serve everyone! The most amount of work you’d have to do is chop up all the ingredients and boil water for the pasta so if you can handle that, you can totally whip up this pasta salad! I loved eating it cold out of the fridge. You know how in college (or maybe this was just me), you’d eat cold pizza or cold baked ziti or just anything cold from the fridge after a night of drinking? Well, this is the perfect pasta salad to actually eat cold and enjoy cold! It’s really refreshing on a hot summer day when you’re grilling out or taking it on a picnic. Yes, very picnic friendly since feta tends to not go bad as quick in the heat. Or at least that’s just my experience. Of course, I wouldn’t recommend sunbathing this pasta all day – just the normal sitting out at room temperature, ya know? Anyway! Enough rambling! Go gather the ingredients and toss this baby together!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 1 pound of dried fusili/rotini pasta, or whichever pasta shape you like - bowties work well in this too
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 ounces hard salami, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds and then quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box then drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta, and hard salami on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss well to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (I did 6 hours).
- Serve chilled.