This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Perfectly baked blondie brownies are… dare I say… even better than regular chocolate brownies. Don’t believe me? Make a batch today and discover all that you’ve been missing out on!
Does anyone else watch the Harry Potter movies and find themselves craving a tall glass of Butterbeer? They make it look so good! Luckily, when I went to London a couple years ago (*cries* I miss traveling) and went to the Harry Potter studios…I was able to try a cup of Butterbeer! It was DELISH! Definitely overly sweet and butterscotch flavored though.
Anyway, I was watching one of the movies the other day and realized… I need to make blondie brownies.
Although they’re obviously blondies and not a drink, they’re SO reminiscent of butterbeer! The sweetness in this dessert comes from brown sugar, white sugar, a dash of vanilla extract, and most importantly – butterscotch baking chips.
If you’re a butterbeer fan like I am, you’re going to be obsessed with these sweet, easy-to-make butterscotch blondies!
These blondies are baked to have crispy edges and a soft, chewy middle that you’ll love biting into. Between the sweet butterscotch flavor and perfect texture, there’s no reason not to love these blondie brownies.
Ingredients for blondie brownies
- Butter – Make sure it’s unsalted and at room temperature for easier use.
- Brown sugar – Light brown sugar works best for these light-colored blondies.
- Flour – Plain all-purpose flour does the trick.
- Baking powder – This is the key ingredient to creating the delectable cakey texture.
- Vanilla extract – Just a teaspoon and a half gives this dessert the perfect hint of vanilla.
- Butterscotch baking chips – If you really love that butterscotch flavor, don’t be shy! Toss in a few extra chips until you get the desired amount of butterscotch.
What else can I add to these simple blondie brownies?
I love these delicious blondies just the way they are! However, you can add any of the following ingredients to create more texture/flavor.
- Macadamia nuts
- Chopped walnuts
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt (to be sprinkled on top)
- Caramel sauce (to be drizzled on top)
How long will they stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these blondie brownies should stay fresh and delicious for up to 3 days. You can also pop them in the fridge, where they’ll stay fresh for up to a week!
Can blondie brownies be frozen?
Oh yes, they definitely can! These blondies are perfect make-ahead desserts.
To store, make sure the blondies are in an airtight container to avoid freezer burn. Also, if you can, keep the blondies uncut. They’ll freeze better and not get dried out as easily if the dessert is still in one whole piece.
In the freezer, the blondies will stay fresh for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve them, just allow them to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
I don’t think a day goes by that I’m not craving brownies. Here are some recipes I use to help those cravings!
Fudgy Dirty Chai Dark Chocolate Brownies
Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Cookie Dough Brownies
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 11 ounces butterscotch baking chips
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Mix the butter with electric beaters until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and mix again on medium speed for about 3 minutes, or until it is light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour it into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Then stir in the butterscotch morsels.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray or place some parchment paper in the pan.
- Spread the dough into the pan evenly and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the brownies.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing it into 9 bars and serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Wednesday 29th of March 2023
Delicious! I just had to swap the butterscotch for white chocolate, because I couldn’t get any butterscotch chips. Definitely recommend it!😃