A delicious and unique cherry chipotle glazed salmon recipe for you!
However, first, I must say that I’m going to Vegas to see the Backstreet Boys in concert (don’t you dare judge me, lol) and I booked my flight a few weeks ago.
Both nonstop flights from DC to Vegas. I went into my account this morning just to check if any seats closer up had opened up that were free (I refuse to pay for their ‘economy plus’) and I noticed I had an extra leg of my flight. Weird.
I looked into it further and they changed my nonstop returning flight and they have me flying to LAX from Vegas and then from LAX to DC. AND the flight departure time was 5:56am so that would mean I’d have to leave for the airport at like 3:30am.
Um, no. That was not okay especially since I paid for the nonstop flight and I didn’t get an email notification of this change.
I don’t get why airlines do this without telling you.
I understand they have the right to change up their schedules as they see fit but a notification would’ve been nice!
Thankfully, since it was a schedule change on their end, they didn’t charge me a change fee to change my flight to a later nonstop one.
What is unique about this salmon recipe?
Let’s chat this cherry chipotle glazed salmon recipe.
It’s a little tangy, a little sweet, and a little spicy. My kind of glaze!
It can be used on top of so many other dishes, too, but we loved it atop salmon.
The flakey salmon just soaked up the cherry chipotle glazed and we had it on every bite!
What can you serve with this salmon?
We served the salmon on top of some garlic sautéed Tuscan kale and drizzled a generous amount of the cherry chipotle glaze on top.
Is there any prep work prior to baking this salmon recipe?
Check for pin bones but otherwise, no prep work besides making the sauce and preheating the oven!
If you love salmon recipes, be sure to check out these:
Cherry Chipotle Glazed Salmon
- 24 ounces tart cherry juice
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 pound fresh salmon filets
- In a small saucepan, whisk together tart cherry juice, chipotle in adobo sauce, honey, and dark brown sugar. Bring to a boil then keep on a low simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half and has slightly thickened. It'll get thicker as it cools. It will be a liquid/loose glaze.
- Cook salmon however you like and to your desired doneness: in a skillet, in the oven, grill, etc.
- Brush a generous amount of glaze on the salmon prior to serving and use additional glaze, as desired.