This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I went and got my flu shot yesterday and my upper right arm is so sore! They tell you to get the shot in your dominant arm because you move it more and it totally makes sense but I’m still sore. :) nothing this curry lemongrass chicken noodle bowl can’t cure!
Okay, so I’m seeing more and more Halloween costumes start to pop up in my newsfeed and I’ve always hated Halloween. I don’t like the dressing up part AT ALL. When I was in college, I avoided all sorts of themed parties. 80’s parties, 90’s parties, etc. Just not my kind of thing. I don’t like thinking about what I have to wear or buying something just for one night, you know? Well, now that we have a dog, I kiiiiind of want to buy a costume for him. It’s such a waste cause he’s going to hate it but I feel like it’ll be cute to dress him up. Have you seen any cute pet costumes this season yet? Since Winston is a corgi and very long, I want him to be like a hot dog or taco, haha
I’m sitting here watching The Voice as I write this post and WHY DO I ALWAYS CRY WATCHING THE VOICE?! Seriously, everyone is so inspirational and has some sort of story that is so touching. This show. It gets me, y’all.
Okay, moving on. You don’t need to think twice about this curry lemongrass chicken noodle bowl. The broth is so creamy and rich and I want to say this is like the Asian version of a chicken noodle soup. It’s like the Asian comfort bowl for when you’re feeling a little under the weather or you’re just feeling like you need that good ole home-cooked meal.
Just dive on in! You will slurp it allllllllll up.
Curry Lemongrass Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced into strips, red or orange
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 13.66 ounce (387 ml) can of coconut milk
- 7 ounce (199 g) coconut cream, (half a 15.66 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup (237 ml) water
- 1 cup (237 ml) chicken stock
- 8 ounces (227 g) rice noodles
- 1 large chicken breast, finely sliced
- 2 cups (140 g) loosely packed chopped bok choy
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Once oil has heated up, add bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully add coconut milk, coconut cream, lemongrass paste, curry paste, water, and chicken stock to the pot.
- Stir/whisk until everything is incorporated and smooth. Bring to a boil then add the rice noodles.
- Cook the rice noodles until softened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer then add the thinly sliced chicken breasts and bok choy. Cook until chicken until cooked through and bok choy has wilted, about 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
There are affiliate links within this post.