Ground Beef Fajitas are an easy weeknight dinner that ALWAYS hit the spot! Grab some tortillas and top them with the most deliciously seasoned mix of ground beef and tender peppers and onions. You can also use this recipe to make some seriously good rice bowls!
Sometimes, you just need a quick and easy dinner on the table that has no frills, no fuss, and all flavor. Something that you know even the pickiest eaters will love and that will actually fill everyone up. Ground Beef Fajitas meet that criteria and more!
Homemade fajita seasoning makes everything it touches about ten times more delicious. While I usually love it on protein like chicken and steak, it also pairs perfectly with ground beef. And before you ask, yes, you can use store bought fajita seasoning and the meat will still be tasty! However, my easy homemade recipe really yields the most flavorful results without being a total sodium bomb.
If you don’t feel like wrapping your Ground Beef Fajitas up in a flour tortilla, you could always toss it in a bowl with some rice and enjoy it Chipotle style! You can also customize this entree by dressing it up with all sorts of toppings like cheese, lime juice, sliced avocado, or whatever else your heart desires.
What You’ll Need:
- Ground Beef – I like using 85/15 ground beef for this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil – Canola oil also works if preferred.
- Yellow Onion – A white onion can get the job done, but it won’t lend the same natural sweetness that yellow does.
- Bell Peppers – Make your fajitas colorful with yellow, red, and green bell peppers! You can swap the yellow peppers for orange if you’d like.
- Fajita Seasoning – Easy Homemade Fajita Seasoning provides all of the flavor with way less of the sodium and artificial flavors you’ll find in store bought packets.
How to Make Ground Beef Fajitas
For more detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Cook the ground beef. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the ground beef, breaking it apart as you go. Stir in the spices and let them cook into the meat for about 2-3 minutes.
Cook the veggies. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside. Add in the oil, onions, and bell peppers. Sauté until everything is charred and tender.
Combine. Stir the beef back into the pan and let it warm up before serving.
Have any leftovers? You’re in luck! Ground Beef Fajitas keep well in the fridge for about 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container. For the best results, reheat everything right back in your skillet.
Ground beef is a budget friendly protein that you can prepare in SO many different delicious ways!
Ground Beef Fajitas
- 16 ounces 85/15 ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- For serving: tortillas or rice, avocado/guacamole, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeños, hot sauce, etc
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and break apart, cooking until browned. Add in all spices and stir well to coat. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside. Add in vegetable oil, onion and bell peppers. Sauté over medium heat until vegetables are charred and tender (~8-10 minutes). Add beef back in and stir well, then remove from heat.
- Serve with tortillas and/or rice + desired toppings.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.