This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Loaded with flavor and easy to make, these Sheet Pan Beef and Cheese Quesadillas are perfect for shaking up your usual weeknight dinner routine! Cheesy, beefy, and loaded with seasonings and veggies – it’s totally crave-worthy.
Honestly, is there anything better than a warm, cheesy quesadilla? Don’t answer that – I know there’s not.
Especially when that quesadilla is as rich with flavor as these sheet pan ones! Ingredients like taco seasoning, jalapeños and garlic elevate these easy to make sheet pan beef and cheese quesadillas in a delicious way.
These are perfect for serving for Sunday night football parties, or just to spice up an average weeknight evening!
Also, they’re a dinner that the whole family will love, which is helpful for those of you out there with picky kids. I mean really, who doesn’t love warm and melty cheese and beef in a tortilla?
This recipe can also be vegan-friendly!
I actually really love to use Beyond Meat in mine, as I’ve been trying to eat more of a vegan diet lately because of my food sensitivities and I found that vegan has come a long way.
Honestly when that plant-based substitute is prepared with all of the flavorful ingredients called for in this recipe, you truly can’t even tell it from the real thing!
Ingredients for sheet pan beef and cheese quesadillas
- Tortillas – Flour works best.
- Avocado oil – Light olive oil will also get the job done.
- Bell pepper – Choose your favorite color!
- Onion – White or yellow are both tasty in this recipe.
- Jalapeño – You can use a Serrano pepper instead if you want it extra hot.
- Garlic – I just like to use one clove, as it gives extra flavor without taking over.
- Ground beef – Or a plant-based substitute!
- Taco seasoning – This is the secret ingredient that makes these quesadillas so unbelievably flavorful.
- Diced tomatoes – I prefer using fire-roasted with green chiles for the most flavor.
- Monterey Jack cheese – Violife is a great vegan alternative.
What are some toppings I can place on sheet pan beef and cheese quesadillas?
Guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, and fresh cilantro (parsley for me) are some of my favorite toppings to serve with these quesadillas.
What side dishes go well with sheet pan beef and cheese quesadillas?
Serve this flavorful entree with a just as flavorful side dish! I love plating these quesadillas with sides like Mexican Street Corn off the Cob and Mexican Street Corn Kale Salad.
Oh, and it may not be a side dish, but you’re really missing out if you don’t wash down a sheet pan beef and cheese quesadilla with some Spanish Sangria or your favorite cerveza!
Sheet pan recipes are simply the best!
Sheet Pan Salmon and Vegetables
Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips
Sheet Pan Beef and Cheese Quesadillas
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef or vegan substitute, (we used Beyond Meat)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes, (we used fire-roasted with green chiles)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, (we used Violife)
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add in the bell peppers, onion, and jalapeno. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add in the garlic, cook another 30 seconds until fragrant. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Once hot add the ground beef to the skillet and brown, without stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Crumble with the back of a spoon and continue to brown until cooked through. Add in the taco seasoning and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant before adding in the tomatoes and green chiles. Stir to combine and simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add the veggie mixture back to the skillet and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place the tortillas oil side down on a baking sheet (you may need multiple baking sheets) in a single layer.
- Distribute the beef mixture evenly over each tortilla and then top with the shredded cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Using a spatula, fold the tortillas in half and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes. For a crispier exterior, broil on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with optional toppings.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.