You guys. I was ALL about homemade almond milk and then I bought a bag of cashews at Trader Joe’s and decided to try homemade cashew milk and there is no going back.
It is SO rich, so creamy, and slightly thicker than almond milk. Not thick like smoothie thick but you if you’ve made the homemade almond milk, you’d know what I’m talking about in terms of ‘thickness’ of this cashew milk.
Again, just like my homemade almond milk, this homemade cashew milk is FAR superior to store-bought.
The flavor is cleaner, there are no added anythings in it, and it’s FRESH.
I do think that this won’t last as long as almond milk because it’s fattier so I would say max five days in the fridge.
I keep all my homemade milk beverages in these glass bottles. They’re made for dairy so I believe they make my milk beverages last a bit longer than most people’s. They’re a thicker type of glass.
Oh, another awesome thing about this homemade cashew milk?
It’s literally soak, blend, and store!
NO nut milk sack! Cashews don’t have an outer skin and when you use a powerful blender, it pretty much obliterates everything and blends perfectly.
Homemade Cashew Milk
- 1 cup raw unsalted, whole cashews
- 4 cups filtered water
- In a small bowl, add raw cashews and cover with tap water. Soak cashews overnight.
- When ready, drain cashews from the water they have been soaking in and add drained cashews to a powerful blender.
- Fill with 4 cups of filtered water and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass bottle, refrigerate and use within 5 days.
There is an affiliate link within this post.