As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchasesJump to Recipe | Jump to Video | Save RecipeSaved!
NEW VIDEO today!! I love showcasing old recipes that may have gotten lost in the shuffle and giving them new life by filming a video! I hope you enjoy this one. Leek and mushrooms are one of my favorite combinations to cook with and pairing it with creamy boursin cheese was perfection.
So creamy and full of flavor!
I’ve got some fun hacks in the video that I’ve thrown in there to help you out in the kitchen! The video is right above the recipe below!
So apparently, I’ve been living under a rock when it comes to cheese. A friend of mine told me about Boursin cheese. I’ve seen it in the grocery store but I have never bought it because I thought it was just a party cheese.
WELL. Let me tell you something. I want to Boursin all the things.
It’s so creamy and luxurious when it’s added into a dish. It literally transforms it.
Forget Boursin & crackers…melt it and add it into your pastas, chicken, everything! Gah, I have a feeling I’m going to have more Boursin dishes this year…and we’re only just beginning the year!
By the way – not sponsored by Boursin in any way, shape, or form. Discovered this cheese and just had to make something with it! I’m sure you’re glad I discovered it :)
Two words: MAKE THIS!
Leek and Mushroom Boursin Orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cups thinly sliced leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ of the Boursin cheese round, I used the garlic and fine herbs flavor
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up olive oil. Once oil is heated, add leeks and garlic to the skillet. Cook until leeks have softened and are a bit translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Next, add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo and toast, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and stir. Bring mixture to a boil then lower heat to medium low and let it gently simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until orzo is completely cooked through. You will want to stir the mixture occasionally to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of your skillet.
- Once orzo is done, remove from heat then stir in the Boursin cheese and season dish with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.