Let’s talk about smoothie bowls. It’s a weird trend that I tried to get behind and I just can’t. I feel like I’m just drinking cold soup that hasn’t been pureed enough so there’s chunks of stuff in it. Sounds super appetizing, huh? I’m seeing smoothie bowls pop up and everywhere and even some shops in Cali have them now too. I have nothing against people who like them, I just personally don’t understand it. A smoothie is a smoothie to me. Put it in a cup, put a straw in it, and drink. I don’t get why you need to have toppings all over it. It’s not a pizza.
HOWEVER. I’m a stickler to my motto of trying something once before you can say you don’t like it, so of course I had to try it out for myself and make a blog post on it. Plus, if there are smoothie bowl fans out there, you could benefit from this recipe, right? Or if you’ve never tried a smoothie bowl before and you’ve wanted to, this is your chance to see if you like it or not to pursue this new smoothie way of life!
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage, not from the can
- 2/3 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter, or your favorite nut butter
- Your favorite toppings: fruit, granola, chia seeds, etc.
- Pour the coconut milk into the bottom of the blender jar. Then add the frozen berries, banana, and cashew butter on top. Securely place lid on the jar and blend until no chunks remain. You may need to stop and stir it around if it's too thick.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and place toppings on top.