This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m so thankful that I had a three day weekend. I don’t typically care for Columbus Day (because I don’t agree with the reasonings behind the holiday) but I am definitely thankful for it this year because these house design meetings have been INSANE and completely frying my brain. Yesterday, on our day off, we went into the design center again and finalized everything. Signed off on everything and confetti fell from the ceiling.
Only, I wish that last bit happened, haha
Anyway, I should have another house update to share next week! I can’t wait to share with you all some of the finishes we have picked! Now, let’s discuss these pumpkin quinoa parmesan fritters. YES, another savory pumpkin recipe. I told you I’m bringing back savory pumpkin recipes this year and this one is one you don’t want to miss!
Okay so part of the reason why I made pumpkin quinoa parmesan fritters is because while I was on my sugar free challenge, I was craving something crispy and carb-loaded. I think I really wanted tater tots and while I could’ve easily made those, I thought whole grain goodness mixed with pumpkin would be the better alternative and boy, did I totally make the right choice!
These pumpkin quinoa parmesan fritters remind me of my grilled corn fritters but obviously they’re slightly different! These quinoa fritters can be a fun new way to do dinner or a side dish. I mean, they’re kind of like bun-less “burgers” right? Like a vegetarian style of eating burgers. Oh! These would actually be perfect wrapped with lettuce leaves or something of that sort. Don’t you think?
Pumpkin Quinoa Parmesan Fritters
- 1 cup (170 g) uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup (50 g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (245 g) of pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (27 g) unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Cook quinoa according to the directions on the bag. Let cool until cool enough for you to touch/handle.
- Place wax paper on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add in the cheese, egg, pumpkin puree, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop quinoa mixture into balls then gently form them into 1/4-inch thick patties. Place on wax paper and continue to form patties until all quinoa has been used up.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two fritters into the skillet and cook until browned on one side. Using a large spatula, flip fritters and continue to cook until fritter is browned and warmed through.
- The fritter is slightly softer than most fritters - it shouldn't fall apart on you if you are gently enough with it.
- Continue cooking until all fritters have been cooked.
- Serve warm.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.