These white chicken enchiladas are a decadent and delicious main dish treat
It’s that time again! And this week white chicken enchiladas were chosen. It was very Paula Deen. The amount of cream, cheese, sour cream, and butter that was called for in this recipe was obscene. I felt like my ass was getting bigger and bigger as I ate it. Needless to say, even though this was probably terrible for me, it was still delicious! I have several tweaks to this recipe, as I’ll note below, and so do the other bloggers so be sure to check them out to make sure when you make this, you won’t make the same mistakes as us and you’ll get some time-saving/calorie-saving tips too!
The lovely Tina from My Life as a Mrs. has the recipe on her blog today!
My notes about this recipe:
- I didn’t roast the peppers, I was in the middle of moving this weekend so I didn’t have the time to roast and peel them. I just diced them and cooked them with the onions.
- I halved the recipe and it still made plenty.
- I only used 1/4 cup of cream.
- If I were to make this again, I’d omit the sour cream.
- I used way too much cheese. I probably wouldn’t use nearly as much as I did for the topping next time.
- The dish was flavorful but I feel that it could’ve had more flavor from spices rather than dumping a bunch of cream and sour cream together.
Don’t forget to check out the other participants in PW Wednesday’s and their take on this recipe! After talking to them about it, I think we all modified this recipe a lot!
If you’ve missed the other installments, here’s a recap: