You know what you need? Ravioli Lasagna tonight! It’s a saucy, cheesy, decadent dinner that is sure to comfort you and so easy to make!
When it comes to comfort foods, it’s best to stick with the classics – like lasagna and ravioli! So… why not combine the two together and create what might be the BEST dinner ever?
This ravioli lasagna is a fun, different take on lasagna that still sticks to the classic layered texture and bold flavors that we all know and love. It’s a homemade Italian lasagna, but with a delicious layer of perfectly cooked ravioli. I’m obsessed!
Ingredients for Ravioli Lasagna
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley
What kind of pasta sauce should I use?
Whatever your favorite brand is will work for this easy recipe! Using your favorite brand of sauce is a surefire way to know you’ll love the finished product.
I love using Rao’s sauce. Pretty much any of those jars are perfect for this lasagna dish! The plain marinara or tomato basil sauces are both incredible when paired with the other ingredients.
Do I have to use ground beef?
To keep it traditionally Italian, I use ground beef. However, you could also opt for ground turkey, chicken, or even a vegan replacement!
If you choose to go the vegan replacement route, the cooking instructions might be a bit different than typical ground beef. Make sure to read the package before you start cooking.
Of course, you could always skip the meat entirely. You’ll be missing out on a lot of delicious, hearty flavor, but it’ll still be tasty.
Storage tips and tricks:
- If you’re trying to refrigerate your leftovers, make sure they’re in an airtight container so they don’t dry out. The leftover ravioli lasagna will stay fresh for up to 4 days. The best part is, this Italian dish reheats perfectly in the microwave!
- Want to freeze the lasagna? Once it’s cooked, ravioli lasagna will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, pop it in the oven and bake at 400°F for about an hour. For best results, cover the dish with foil, then uncover for the last 10 minutes of bake time.
Here are more Italian-style dinners you’re sure to love:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups your favorite pasta sauce, (mine is anything Rao's)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1: 8 ounce block of whole milk mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1 ½ pounds cooked ravioli
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set aside a 9×13 oven-safe casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Stir and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant then add the ground beef, Italian herbs, salt and pepper and crumble the beef as it cooks.
- Once the beef has browned completely, pour in the pasta sauce and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium and let it simmer for 5 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the egg then mix in the ricotta, parmesan, half of the mozzarella cheese and the minced parsley until combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture into the pan in an even layer then add a layer of raviolis then half of the ricotta mixture in an even layer. Continue this process by adding another 1/3 of the meat mixture, then raviolis, then the remaining ricotta mixture, then the remaining meat mixture and finally the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with non-stick aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes then uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until the sides start to crisp up and turn a dark brown color and the center is bubbling.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with freshly chopped parsley and sliced and toasted bread.
This dish can be stored once cooled completely in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.