I think I’m going to make this recipe for creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta my Valentine this year.
I mean, it’s a one-pot recipe that’s easy to make and irresistibly delicious. What’s not to love?
When it comes to pasta sauce, I can’t get enough of it when it’s flavorful and creamy. There are so many sauces I’m obsessed with, but I’m not exaggerating when I say this one that is tossed in the creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta might just be my favorite.
When you combine that delectable creamy sauce with tender, juicy chicken breast and sun-dried tomatoes, it’s impossible to not go back for seconds.
Or thirds. No judgement here!
Sprinkle a little extra parmesan on top, and voila. You have what possibly is the best pasta dinner ever.
Thank me later!
Ingredients for one-pot creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta
- Chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Chicken stock
- Whole milk
- Fettuccine pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Baby spinach leaves
If you want to change the type of noodles you use, that’s perfectly fine! Penne, farfalle and rigatoni noodles all work wonderfully with this creamy pasta recipe.
How can I add even more flavor to this creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta?
When it comes to pasta sauce, it’s really a work of heart. If your heart says more garlic, then add more garlic! Same with the sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan. If those robust flavors aren’t enough, you could always toss in some crushed red pepper for extra heat, or a sprinkle Italian seasoning to make it even more mouthwatering.
What can I use instead of whole milk?
Usually, I think that milks can easily be substituted with vegan alternatives. With this recipe, however, it’s best to stick with whole milk. If you want to make the sauce even richer, though, you could always opt for heavy cream! Just be sure to reserve some pasta water, in case you end up needing to thin it out a bit.
Should I strain the sun-dried tomatoes before adding them to the pot?
That’s up to you, but I don’t strain them. When you also add the oil that they’re packaged with, you get a lot more of the tomato flavor in the pasta sauce, and who wants to miss out on flavor?! Adding both the oil and the sun-dried tomatoes is an easy way to elevate this already delicious dish.
More pasta recipes I love:
One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk, more may be needed
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, broken in half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves, optional
- Season diced chicken breast with kosher salt and black pepper, set aside.
- In a large high-sided 12-inch skillet add olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot add in the chicken breast and cook until browned on the outside and almost fully cooked throughout. Remove from the pan and set onto a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add the skillet back to the stove, lower the heat to medium, and add in sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken stock and whole milk, stir to combine.
- Add in pasta and stir to combine and fully submerge the pasta.
- Bring the pasta to a light boil and lower the heat to medium-low and gently simmer the pasta until it’s fully cooked – 10-15 minutes based on the heat of the stove. If while you’re cooking the liquid seems to be cooking down too fast and the pasta is not fully cooked simply add in a little more milk or chicken stock.
- When the pasta is fully cooked you should be left with a creamy sauce that sticks to the pasta. If you find the sauce too thick simply add a splash of milk. If the sauce is too thin just cook it down a little further.
- Stir back in the chicken then add parmesan cheese, baby spinach and serve hot.