Happy August! What the what?! Summer is almost over and kids are all going to be heading back to school soon. How the heck does this happen every year? Everything seems to fly on by! We’ll be seeing pumpkin recipes soon and Thanksgiving menu planning will commence.
Being a recipe developer, I feel like I ruin my love for pumpkin recipes way before the pumpkin season actually arrives. I’m busy developing pumpkin recipes for the blog way in advance so when pumpkin rolls around in October, I’m already so over it and ready for some peppermint and candy canes, haha #thestruggleisreal
But you know what is never ruined for me? You can’t ever ruin carbs or any sort of mac ‘n cheese for me.
This is why this easiest three cheese mac ‘n cheese needs a spot on your menu this week. I mean, it’s not the most healthy recipes I have on here but when you have that craving for cheese and carbs..THIS IS IT.
This is all you’ll ever need in your life when you are craving the most sinful mac ‘n cheese ever. Did I mention how easy this is to put together?
Need a dish for a potluck? This is it.
Need a dish to feed a crowd that will please? This is it.
Need a dish because you’re just craving all the cheese and pasta? This is it.
‘This is it’ is basically my motto for the easiest three cheese mac ‘n cheese.
It fulfills every craving and fantasy of mac ‘n cheese (what, you don’t have food fantasies?) and your hips may not like you afterwards but it is worth it. Call this an indulgence because guess what? Every one needs one otherwise you’re not living life.
Easiest Three-Cheese Mac ‘n Cheese
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 16 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 ounces of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season the water with salt. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, lightly grease a 9x13-inch oven-safe casserole dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, stir together dried basil, heavy cream, half the amount of each cheese, salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta has cooked through, drain immediately and pour into large bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour pasta into prepared casserole dish then top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly throughout and cheese has melted through. If you like a crustier top, put under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
There is an affiliate link within this post.