We woke up to snow on Saturday morning! It was suuuuper cold so the snow was basically like powder. So light and didn’t even need shoveling; my favorite kind! I had been extremely sick the past week, too, and had been up every single night during the week coughing my lungs out and not getting any sleep. It was completely miserable. Like, I wanted to sleep but my body wouldn’t let me so therefore, the lack of sleep just kept the sickness around longer. I finally was able to get 12 hours of sleep each night on Friday and Saturday and I’m taking the day off of work today to recoup some more, but I’m already feeling like a new person. Sleep does wonders to your body!
The snow and cold weather this weekend made me crave comfort foods. Hearty, thick, greasy foods. This slow cooker pasta fagioli would have been the perfect cure!
I love making slow cooker meals such as this because it makes a lot so you can reheat it easily for leftovers throughout the week. I know not everyone likes leftovers but I am one of the biggest leftover fans. I don’t see how anyone can dislike leftovers but we all have our own personal preferences! Sure, it’s the same thing but if it’s a dish you loved, having it another night is great, right?! Or if you’re having a busy week, having leftovers is a great way to not have to worry about dinner.
This slow cooker pasta fagioli is filled with hearty ingredients and takes no time to whip up. Full of meat, beans, pasta, and veggies. You simply brown the meat and then pour all the ingredients into the slow cooker and let it cook for 8 hours. An absolute must-make for this cold weather!!
Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
- 1 pound 90/10 ground beef
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1: 28- ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 ½ cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1: 15- ounce can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1: 15- ounce can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and break into tiny pieces. Cook until no longer pink. Then add to the insert of a slow cooker, along with the remaining ingredients except the beans and pasta.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Prior to serving, add the beans and pasta to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves prior to serving.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.